Coral Vue Hydros

Kimber's Flowering Lagoon - Riding the struggle bus

kimberbee

sucks............... sorry to hear............. this hobby just gut punches you at times and yeah thats why I said F it.............time to take a break..........

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The last "good" duncan polyp bailed out a few weeks ago. Actually, it was hanging on by a thread one night, so I sucked it out so that it wouldn't float free in the tank with the potential of being caught by an anemone. I didn't really want MORE things dying...

Which is gonna happen anyway, because now my plate corals look like they are giving up on life. They stopped puffing up, and are slowly receding all along the outer edges. Doesn't look great. 

I've kept up on testing (every 5-7 days) and dosing (every other day) and everything still seems to be keeping stable and within normal parameters. Nitrates and phosphatesare low, but at least they are finally detectable.

I'm assuming (hoping) that 3 months without a water change just means that I'm missing some trace elements. I chanced a water change today - I dosed N&P before and then after the water change, so we'll see if things look perked up at all over the next few days. 

Alk: 9.1

Ca: 430

Mg: ?

Phos: just above 0

Nit: just below 5

Ph: 8.02

Salinity: 1.025

IMG_20210309_145047_285.thumb.jpg.017b577802d5fab39620df3c996b2c9e.jpg

• Sad 1
  • 2 years later...

Plates are dead, many of the gorgonians got choked out by dinos, algae, and cyano, but the RFAs and clownfish are still around!!

20231207_141524.thumb.jpg.4cf3652fa183bf25fcf051a8e2e722a4.jpg

It's interesting to see that most of the nems haven't moved in almost 3 years. 

• Like 4