inTank Media Baskets

Kessil on a 20 Long

ISUAquatics

Hello! I'm starting a new build, and the tank is going to be a 20 gallon long. I currently have a black box that I obtained from the purchase of a tank, but I'm really wanting to upgrade to Kessil. Would it be better to go with two a160's, or 1 a360 to cover the spread? Thank you. 

Two sources are almost always better than one, with the pair on goosenecks you could mount on either side and point them towards the center to dramatically reduce shading as well, or just two spaced out and pointing down.

Oh and welcome, this probably should be moved to lighting and equipment.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, A.m.P said:

Two sources are almost always better than one, with the pair on goosenecks you could mount on either side and point them towards the center to dramatically reduce shading as well, or just two spaced out and pointing down.

Oh and welcome, this probably should be moved to lighting and equipment.

That's what I was thinking as well. And my apologies, how do I move threads? Thank you! 

Ok guys, just a bit of an update. I ended up with a Kessil a360. Originally I decided on the two a160's, but I had a deal pop up I couldn't pass on. A nearly new a360WE, gooseneck, and spectral controller for $260. Now, I understand there may be shadowing, if I need extra coverage can I throw an a160 on later down the road? Will it mix well with the a360? I chose this due to the price, and thought of growth down the road if I expand the tank size or coral selection. 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, ISUAquatics said:

Ok guys, just a bit of an update. I ended up with a Kessil a360. Originally I decided on the two a160's, but I had a deal pop up I couldn't pass on. A nearly new a360WE, gooseneck, and spectral controller for $260. Now, I understand there may be shadowing, if I need extra coverage can I throw an a160 on later down the road? Will it mix well with the a360? I chose this due to the price, and thought of growth down the road if I expand the tank size or coral selection. 

Hey a deal is a deal. I understand fully. I just bought waayyyyyy too much light for my build because of a deal. I'm going to have to mount it probably 4 times higher than would've if I'd have bought the new fixture I was looking at. Lmfao......it happens. I think your tank will turn out just fine. As will mine reef willing. Lol

7 hours ago, ISUAquatics said:

It'll work just fine, but I'd be on the lookout for a pair of A160's to trade for.  You can afford to be patient.  🙂