SaltCritters.com

Beginner corals?

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

Ok so my corals have died because of my crappy light the LFS showed me. So now soon I’m getting a good coral light for my nano reef. Just wondering what LPS to soft corals are easy beginner corals. I like Duncan’s would I be able to get those?

NoOneLikesADryTang

Most zoas are hardy (unless you get in to the higher end ones). Leathers are usually pretty hardy. GSP, or xenia (all though, both are fast growers and can take over your tank so I would island them if you decide to go this route). 

• Thanks 1
Clownfish king

The light is able to adjust settings and it’s used on 10-30 gallon tanks. I saw it in a 30 gallon with An elegance coral and a couple other thing in it I currently have 10 gallons with 1 small goby and 2 paired clownfish

Clownfish king

Oh btw not getting this light from the same BS LFS I found a local shop with two people and they have a better grasp on what people will buy too.

NoOneLikesADryTang
4 minutes ago, Clownfish king said:

Oh btw not getting this light from the same BS LFS I found a local shop with two people and they have a better grasp on what people will buy too.

I would still get the name of it, and do some research on it before buying it. You want to make sure it'll work for you needs going forward. 

• Like 1
Clownfish king

I know it’s name I have had a brain fart and forget it’s name but I have done some research on it and I know enough that it will be good for my corals.