Top Shelf Aquatics

AI Nero 3 - pictures / side by side

pico1

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

At 1percent in my 12 gallon system it does just enough for feeding but hardly any movement for anything else.

My the Nero3 was placed in my system because I intend to have SPS corals only, nothing else.

So, I need flow and you saw what it can do at full 100 percent in 12 gallon, the video shows the strength of this unit.

Look at the 40% vs 100% video and tell me if this little pump can create flow?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

At 1percent in my 12 gallon system it does just enough for feeding but hardly any movement for anything else.

My the Nero3 was placed in my system because I intend to have SPS corals only, nothing else.

So, I need flow and you saw what it can do at full 100 percent in 12 gallon, the video shows the strength of this unit.

Look at the 40% vs 100% video and tell me if this little pump can create flow?

I dont think that anyone is questioning if the pump can put out flow.

Its hard to really see what kinda flow the pump is putting out in your tank without any coral /  being at the top of a tall tank.

Even at 1 percent it will blast softies (i know you are only stocking SPS so will be different).

At even 75 percent on my 10 gallon, even towards the top, it creates a sandstorm.   Thing puts out some SERIOUS wide flow. 

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
52 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

I dont think that anyone is questioning if the pump can put out flow.

Its hard to really see what kinda flow the pump is putting out in your tank without any coral /  being at the top of a tall tank.

Even at 1 percent it will blast softies (i know you are only stocking SPS so will be different).

At even 75 percent on my 10 gallon, even towards the top, it creates a sandstorm.   Thing puts out some SERIOUS wide flow. 

Oh, I understand....

Just adding to this thread my experience.  At 16 inches in height, and 20 lbs bimini pink sand, I have a rather tall tank for it being a cube that was the design for SPS only AIO.  So, the Nero3 was planned for this tank and place almost all the way I could go without it sucking in air.

You are right, at 100 percent it really lifts debris, but not my sand because of the style I went with. 

Once a week, I do the 100 percent to help lift any detritus off the sandbed and I love this pump!  

I purchased the Nero5 for my 30 gallon AIO that will be for temperate biotope, almost ready to fire up that system, my chiller arrives today!

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 10:25 AM, aclman88 said:

Thanks.  I had the nero 5 in my 20 tall and it was obliterating the torch so the 3 seems like a sweet spot for this size tank and could prob even be used in a 40 breeder (my eventual planned upgrade).  It could also be the coral and rock placement determine which is more suitable.,  Where did you have the 5 placed in your nuvo 20?

Just on the right hand side - I can maybe dig out some pictures in the next couple of days... worked perfectly and is still great in my 30 ext