inTank Media Baskets

AI Nero 3 - pictures / side by side

pico1

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Does anyone know the min flow rate on this ? 

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

I couldn't find tha info online wither nor any videos of it in action.

If nobody got an answer for this by the end of next week I will let u know.

Placing my order for the Nero 3 tomorrow at the LFS.

1 hour ago, Jens_Reef said:

If nobody got an answer for this by the end of next week I will let u know.

Placing my order for the Nero 3 tomorrow at the LFS.

Great. Thank you. I'm interested in it but even ai's website showed nothing

3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Great. Thank you. I'm interested in it but even ai's website showed nothing

Yes, it is a pretty weird launch.

The Nero 3 also was for sale before it was even on the website of AI.

3 hours ago, Jens_Reef said:

Yes, it is a pretty weird launch.

The Nero 3 also was for sale before it was even on the website of AI.

I noticed that. My reef store sent out an in stock announcement but yet nothing on ai's site.

• 3 months later...

Bumping an old thread, but any updates? I have a Nero 5 that came with my 20 high and it’s way to powerful on its lowest setting. I’ll eventually be upgrading to a 40-50 gallon, but I’m pretty sure even for a 40 breeder the 5 is just way to much with its 900gph minimum

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 7:40 AM, Murphych said:

Seems that 663gph is what it goes down to when on pulse.

Thanks. Seems like that might be too high for my 20 high. Bummer. Might just stick with my two koralia nano 240s. Everythng seems happy with it. 

Murphs_Reef
On 4/4/2021 at 5:28 PM, aclman88 said:

Thanks. Seems like that might be too high for my 20 high. Bummer. Might just stick with my two koralia nano 240s. Everythng seems happy with it. 

I had it in a 15g and Jesus.. the crap that comes out the rock is amazing.. soon sorts phosphate out for you

Edited by Murphych
Spelling
15 minutes ago, Murphych said:

I had it in a 15g and Jesus.. the crap that comes out the rock is amazing.. spoons orts phosphate out for you

So would you think it’s okay for a 20 high? Or would it rip the flesh off the lps? I know it’s high but I also understand it is a wider and dispersed 600 gph

On 4/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, Murphych said:

It was fine for.my hammer and Duncan but ever tank is different so hard to say sorry

Very true. What were the dimensions of your 15 gallon? I’m thinking it could work in my setup

For anyone on the fence, you can dial this pump down to pretty much whatever you want. It would be fine in even a Nuvo 10. I also ran the Nero 5 in my Nuvo 20 for awhile - no issues 🙂 They are both great pumps, but the footprint of the 3 is what makes it even better!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

For anyone on the fence, you can dial this pump down to pretty much whatever you want. It would be fine in even a Nuvo 10. I also ran the Nero 5 in my Nuvo 20 for awhile - no issues 🙂 They are both great pumps, but the footprint of the 3 is what makes it even better!

Here it is dialed down to 40%

https://youtube.com/shorts/tKqwVcml6Ho?feature=share

Keep in mind that this thing is a DC pump and even at 1% runs 660 GPH or so.  I have it on my JBJ 10 and it moves some serious water, even at random flow between 1-7% during the day.

Right that was my main concern that running even at 660 gph, it leaves little room to increase the flow... that being said I did have a nero 5 initially that on the lowest setting was just slightly too strong for my torch.  plus, members here had this in 10 and 15 gallon tanks so it seems like a 20 tall would be a good tank size for this.

2 hours ago, hinnenkm said:

Thanks.  I had the nero 5 in my 20 tall and it was obliterating the torch so the 3 seems like a sweet spot for this size tank and could prob even be used in a 40 breeder (my eventual planned upgrade).  It could also be the coral and rock placement determine which is more suitable.,  Where did you have the 5 placed in your nuvo 20?

• Like 1