Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clown is drunk. Hangs out at the top, sideways

tzink

Not all the time, but often, my clown just hangs out at the top of the column, sideways. Seems like he’s trying to stay as close to the top as possible. 

0 ammonia

0 nitrite

5 nitrate

8.2 pH

1.025 salt

79.5 temp

Maybe an oxygen problem? There’s quite a bit of green and brown algae that should be kicking off oxygen tho.

The corner he hangs out in is also where the auto feeder is. Maybe he's hungry?

Maybe he’s just weird?

27895BAD-3119-4AE9-843D-E3C2493F8A69.jpeg

D2031CCE-4270-4703-9F8A-55E17A1C7D3F.jpeg

Reefer-begginer

If he is swimming on the side, that to me sounds like a swim bladder issue. Usually to much air in the bladder.

Im not sure if it is easily treatable as most fish I've had with that died a day after I see it 

7 minutes ago, Reefer-begginer said:

If he is swimming on the side, that to me sounds like a swim bladder issue. Usually to much air in the bladder.

Im not sure if it is easily treatable as most fish I've had with that died a day after I see it 

Interesting... Only thing is he's done this for the past several weeks.

If it's not showing any other signs of bring sick and its eating normaly it could be hosting your equipment. I had a pair that did something simmilar with a spin stream nozzle. Is it basicly one spot he likes to stay near the top if so it could be hosting behavior. Normaly gasping is seen with poor oxygen levels usualy the fish will swim with its nose at the surface from what I've seen less likely to be on its side unless its realy bad off. Algae feeds on nutrients in the water if you have alot it could be higher than what you are actualy reading that's probly why its growing so well but as long as it's not registering high the fish should be ok. But you may want to work on that to get it under controll before it takes over. How old is the tank? Also clowns are pigs he may have realized that's where the food comes from and is hosting it so he wont mis any because it gives him food.