SaltCritters.com

Lumini nano asta 20 advice

IXI_KARL_IXI

IXI_KARL_IXI

Am just getting back into marine tanks, I have at tmc micro 15 but the tile is dead that was packed away years ago. I just want something cheap and cheerful and was looking at the Asta 20. I’ve seen people on here use them on the jar pico builds. Would it be ok to run on the tmc micro 15? Just stocking zoas. Mushrooms, rics and maybe a acan If possible. 

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

I'm sure that would be a sufficient light for your needs. I've never used the Asta 20, but I have used Lumini Pixel 30. It punched way above it's price range (I think I was getting 300+ par, at the water line.) I was also pretty impressed with their build quality. 

• Like 1

Morning, yes had mine for over a year. Love the little light, I think it'll be fine for the tank. Largest tank I had it on was a 12" cube, could keep "basic" sps alive and branching out but lost the tank before they could grow, a few different Lps. Zoas and mushrooms seemed to do really well under it

I didn't really care for the asta 20. Poor light spread, poor growth. Its sitting in a box. I used it on a 2.5g

All the corals under it quadrupled in size when i put them under another light.

The Abi tuna blue par 38 is a much better light for pop and coral growth