Pod Your Reef

Mitten_reef’s WB55.2 - 4/30 top-down pics

mitten_reef

1 hour ago, Justind823 said:

Just caught up on the journey with all it's ups and downs! Things are looking really good. Loving the abundance of clams and that new maxima looks great.

Plotting a comeback?  You know you want to …

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

Plotting a comeback?  You know you want to …

Lol yea I'm toying with it! It might be time to make a thread now that my tank is something like 2 years old 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Been a busy week with the tank new acquisitions. 

picking up the maxima clams this wknd

and these got dropped off on the front porch today, from a local reefer.  Nice addition to my torch collection, very excited! 😊 

IMG_0880.thumb.jpeg.292c1989bee2168892635e67ac676d62.jpeg

IMG_0879.thumb.jpeg.033657a235987848efab4106016bf87a.jpeg

IMG_0878.thumb.jpeg.33bc2c57331fd17b808c798b1324f187.jpeg

• Like 6

And…..

right off the bat, the gold finger face planted into the superglue, while I transferred it to a frag plug 😭😱.

im trying not to panic, and hope it’ll just slime it’s way out from the glue crust

1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

It should just slime up and recover. Happened to me with the dragon soul. I about had a stroke when it happened. 

Thanks, looks like it got itself completely out of the glue this morning. The noodle looks a little rough, but ok so far - I’ll take it. 

• Like 2

Wow those have some pretty nice coloring. 

May I ask what the purpose of the PVC pipe was? Was it just to ship them in a way where the heads were protected? How were they secured in there?

7 hours ago, Elizabeth94 said:

Wow those have some pretty nice coloring. 

May I ask what the purpose of the PVC pipe was? Was it just to ship them in a way where the heads were protected? How were they secured in there?

yes it was for frag protection.  the guy said he glued the frag inside the pvc tube for packing purpose, I didnt ask beyond that.  the pvc looks brand new, so he must have just attach them in there same day or very recently.  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

today’s haul

3 new maxima clams

1 neon green torch

1 button scoly

10 each, snails and crabs

1 small blue sponge

hmm, I thought I got a lot more…🤣

I don’t believe you because there are no pics. 😂 Curious what you think of the button scoly. I thought of making a garden with them glued to the rockwork. 

• Haha 2
Tom@HaslettMI
On 9/30/2023 at 3:26 PM, mitten_reef said:

today’s haul

3 new maxima clams

1 neon green torch

1 button scoly

10 each, snails and crabs

1 small blue sponge

hmm, I thought I got a lot more…🤣

Great haul. What’ the blue sponge look like?

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Great haul. What’ the blue sponge look like?

Tom

Nothing like yours, if you were wondering. This one is light blue color, with a real blue hue to it. I’m hoping it’s branching type 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

If it’s that, it’d be a heck of a find. 

this is the topdown look of it recovering in my sump. The flash kinda wash it out a little, or maybe it needs some light, idk.  It’s the grayish blob next to the glass at the bottom of the pic.IMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.99bb3cf98ab459eb66cd001d12bbcd57.jpeg🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

bought a new test kit for a first time since .... drumrolls

oh heck, it's not even in my BRS order history going back to 2017.  🤷‍♂️

so maybe my last kit was from before Marine Depot was gobbled up?  who knows when that was?  ...😅 

To be fair, I regularly bought more supplies from MD than BRS back when they were still around...but clearly no test kit since they're gone.  

Time to up my care and maintenance of these beauties

edit: removed the video...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, mitten_reef said:

bought a new test kit for a first time since .... drumrolls

oh heck, it's not even in my BRS order history going back to 2017.  🤷‍♂️

so maybe my last kit was from before Marine Depot was gobbled up?  who knows when that was?  ...😅 

To be fair, I regularly bought more supplies from MD than BRS back when they were still around...but clearly no test kit since they're gone.  

Time to up my care and maintenance of these beauties

Woah, look at you being responsible and buying test kits! I should probably get on that one of these days - the newest of my titration test kits "expired" 06/2017 and before I got the nitrate checker recently was rolling with a kit that expired on 04/2015.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
43 minutes ago, jservedio said:

Woah, look at you being responsible and buying test kits! I should probably get on that one of these days - the newest of my titration test kits "expired" 06/2017 and before I got the nitrate checker recently was rolling with a kit that expired on 04/2015.

we're the worst tank keepers, yet one of the longest active tanks on here, lol....

• Haha 1
  • mitten_reef changed the title to Mitten_reef’s WB55.2 - 4/30 top-down pics