Coral Vue Hydros

What's The Most You've Spent on a Single Coral

pokerdobe

pokerdobe

Pretty much straight jacked from Snow's question about fish. 

What's the most you've spent on a single coral? What's your max budget for coral? Explain if you want to. 

Post a picture of said coral if you have one. 

For me, the most I've spent is probably $1,300 on a ER lineage Colorado Sunburst. My RRC Jawdropper comes in a close 2nd. 

1801484909_ColoradoSunburstsmall.thumb.jpg.439792374cc29b1a4f25d79a8408fa36.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
WV Reefer
5 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

What's the most you've spent on a single coral? What's your max budget for coral? Explain if you want to. 

For me, the most I've spent is probably $1,300 on a ER lineage Colorado Sunburst. My RRC Jawdropper comes in a close 2nd. 

I’m cheap. I bought a $100 shroom once and the pistol shrimp stole it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Now I stick to bargain frags. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
Kellie in CA

$300 (minus a 10% coupon and free shipping) 

My showpiece.  Much too big for my tank, but I love it so much!  It's colored up a bit more since I've had it and inflates to at least 6" across.

x unique1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 3

$55 ultra RFA and a $60 acan mini colony. I don't know that I'd want to spend more than that, unless it was something like a (well-established) colony of high-end zoas that I can sell frags of. Or a beyond-stunning RFA, maybe. It's a lot of money to spend on a single, delicate entity, when I could otherwise get a few delicate entities, a carnivorous plant that will produce offshoots I can sell for more critters-money, or any of several hobbies I want to take a whack at.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tired said:

What's in that last picture? It looks a bit like an utterly massive zoanthid. 

Looks like an elegance coral to me but tricky to tell with the extreme blue.

• Like 1
squamptonbc

$25. I was always cheap and wont spend large sums of money on coral, more willing to spend on fish though, but even then the most I ever spent was $90.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, pokerdobe said:

⬆️ baller

$60 or $70 for me.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
sublunary
10 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Paid $250 for this bad boy.  

I keep telling myself I'll never pay that much for a single coral.  But I now that I've seen torches for 10 times as much, that's starting to look pretty reasonable.  

I don't think I've broken the $100 mark yet.  Closest I've come was probably a fox coral.  I don't remember the exact price, but I do remember it waited out the 14 days guarantee and promptly decided it was done with life,   I stuck to $15 frags for a long while after that...

• Like 5
EthanPhillyCheesesteak

100 plus shipping for a bounce. But I have something I’ve been keeping my eye on recently and I’m thinking about snagging it

• Like 1

I dropped 149.00 for a nice blasto frag. It is orange with green to yellow markings. It started at 3 heads and now there are 5...

• Like 4
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
31 minutes ago, jambon said:

I dropped 149.00 for a nice blasto frag. It is orange with green to yellow markings. It started at 3 heads and now there are 5...

I kinda wanna see a picture of this thing

Snow_Phoenix
On 5/8/2020 at 10:38 AM, mitten_reef said:

Paid $250 for this bad boy.  

2F49B5AE-DEA9-4E5C-B06A-1C348096FA57.thumb.jpeg.b8cd5e5248ddc31aec8c23b54b78b974.jpeg

I was offered an Indo gold torch last year for only RM 80. I passed, but honestly, with the way things are right now a.k.a. limited coral that we currently have in stores, I regret it. It was really bright gold too. 😞 

• Like 3