Innovative Marine Aquariums

Is My Light Good Enough?

ggabrielcc

ggabrielcc

Hi, I recently got a Giesemann teszla light second hand for my 10 gallon tank, I was just wandering if it would work well for corals and if it could possibly grow sps, what concerns me about it is that I don't see any red LEDs, only white and blues. Also the fact that it is 6 years old and that the technology wasn't as good back then. I'm considering selling it and just buying a kessil or an AI prime but I don't want to waste my money if this light is good enough.

Thanks for any help 

jservedio
22 minutes ago, ggabrielcc said:

Hi, I recently got a Giesemann teszla light second hand for my 10 gallon tank, I was just wandering if it would work well for corals and if it could possibly grow sps, what concerns me about it is that I don't see any red LEDs, only white and blues. Also the fact that it is 6 years old and that the technology wasn't as good back then. I'm considering selling it and just buying a kessil or an AI prime but I don't want to waste my money if this light is good enough.

Thanks for any help 

It's more than enough for a 10g and can easily grow even the most light loving SPS at less than half power over a 10g. People have been growing acros under nothing but blue and white LEDs for more than a decade now.

• Like 2
ggabrielcc
10 hours ago, jservedio said:

It's more than enough for a 10g and can easily grow even the most light loving SPS at less than half power over a 10g. People have been growing acros under nothing but blue and white LEDs for more than a decade now.

ah thanks a lot 🙂