SaltCritters.com

(Video) EcoTech Marine Radion G5 PRO + Giesemann T5 = All combination possible

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

Hello Reefers!

Finally it's here, after many hours of work and some tweak I published my video about the EcoTech Marine Radion G5 Pro with T5 from Giesemann.
I use the Aquatic Life Hybrid Fixture (god that thing has been so helpful for me).

I recorded all the combinations possible with my Tank "Lab" full shot and a Close shot on one of my Blastomussa merletti.
All the footage has been recorded the same night (Radion G5 Blue also), 4k 30fps.

I never put multiple 4k Footage next to the other and gosh it's painful to render, it took 30hour and just for this.

So I use Giesemann T5: Super Actinic, Actinic Blue, Super Purple, Aquablue Coral, Aquablue Azure.

I told them what I was planning to do a long time ago and they have been patient and comprehensive, no pressure. 
I told them I was waiting to have a "real" camera before I start the things I want to do. I was waiting for the A7SIII sony but it
never came, so I was tired of waiting and activate my backup plan and Bought A7III 1-2 months before the COVID-19. (good thing...)

Talking about COVID-19, I'm in Isolation after a while so I finally got time to make that documentation video. I took my time to
make this first video, I went to different iteration, I'm still not satisfied at 100% so any comments are welcome on how to make this better.

Now that I have a Recipe, other videos in the same kind will be much faster to create (except for that render, 10-year-old PC...)

I didn't want to make Review video about light too much on my channel because I want to buy a Spectrometer for doing my Review for the reef community.
Since I'm alone and 100% independent, the cost of this is pretty high (2000-4000$), so it's hard right now to justify one, I have to
pay my rent and food first then that thing is high on my priority... If my real full-time day job can come back...

I also don't put Ad on my YT video or receive payment or partner to make a review for companies on YouTube, so let's just say money is not my motivation but it's needed. At some point, I will need to find a way but never at a cost of not being independent or 100% honest.
YouTube might force me to put Ads because it doesn't suggest/push videos that don't have ads, so my videos are not being seen as they should.

Sorry for that rant, it's just that I feel sometimes the Reef community on Youtube is aehmm... let's say, there is a lot of influence... 

That video means a lot to me, 3 years ago before I start my channel I was wishing "Dang I wish we have videos with full comparison", but no one is really doing it (I understood why after hehe). So fast forward 3 years later, I'm here doing it. Took time to accumulate all the hardware and part of the puzzle. The more I can remove video project out of my head the better I feel 😉

I tried to make it happen also with ATI but it didn't went well, unfortunately, I think the person I spoke didn't understood the amount of work it was required and it's free advertising for them (!). But...

I think we could safely say that the bulbs are very similar so:

Super Actinic -> True Actinic
Actinic Blue -> Blue Plus
Super Purple -> Purple Plus
Aquablue Coral -> Coral Plus
Aquablue Azure -> Aquablue Special

The spectrum I showed in my video come from the website from Either EcoTech Marine or Giesemann. I modify them so we can overlay correctly,

I don't think it's accurate to be honest, that why I want my own Spectrometer, but for the purpose or understanding, I think it will do the job.

After Each record Clip I took a picture so I can publish on the forum also the essential:
Full resolution here

Photo_RadionG5_PRO_T5_Comparison_1920_v01.thumb.jpg.708990a5b83f6c4ca2686c552de37d52.jpg

Sorry for that long post ;), by the way, English is not my mother-tongue so if I say something incorrect let me know.

The next video will be with the Radion G5 Blue then 2 other light that I own also.

Your feedback on this video is super important to me if I can do anything to make them better let me know on the Comment section of YouTube also (It helps to rank better the video)

- Aqua Splendor