Coral Vue Hydros

What coral will my clownfish host in!

Just a kid

I Have a 10 gallon saltwater tank with 2 occelaris clownfish for about a year now. And I am looking for a non expensive pretty and peaceful coral that my clownfish will host in. And I dont think anemones can live in a 10 gallon. Any suggestions?

The natural hosts of ocellaris are Heteractis magnifica, carpet anemone (Stichodactyla gigantean) and merten's carpet (Stichodactyla mertensii). Anything beyond those three is luck. A bubble tip anemone is you best bet for a non-natural host. Euphyllia are going to be you best shot coral wise 

The pair in my 10g host a Toadstool with fluffy polyps and in my 20 a pair hosts a trachyphillia. I've had them host big fat mushroom colonys too. They will host euphillia also. The toadstool would be the easyest and least expensive.

20200104_203929.jpg

I dont think color matters mine once hosted a giant watermellon shroom was a out 5 inches across but it also would go on a pile of mixed color shrooms. Shrooms seem hit or miss mine seem to prefer the big toadstool every clown I've had has gone for it even when my other trachy hosting pair was temporarily in that tank they went straight for it. Clowns will host what they want the trach ones once hosted a outflow nozzle before they took to the trachy. It's not uncommon for them to host equipment. They can be perfectly happy hosting a corner or a power head. Give them some choices shroom or  zoas patches or toadstool colonys easy corals if you are just starting out and want something cheep and easy they will pick what they want. They seem to prefer the fluffier toadstools to the sparcer ones. Oh star polyps too sometimes they get in those.

• 1 month later...