Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Euphyllias

Biocube 14

Hi Everyone,

First time having a frogspon and a hammer on my tank and I'm wondering what should I supplement my water with. I heard about kalkwaser but I haven't actually read anything about yet. Though that I can get some info here. Thanks.

Kalkwasser is used to supplement Alkalinity and Calcium. If testing indicates that these are needed then begin dosing. Odds are if you only have a few corals water changes will take care of it unless the corals are really big. Usually it’s added to your top off water. I like to dose Kalk based on a weekly top off volume, my tank usually needs 0.75 gal/week.

Unless you are testing properly to determine what alk/ca is consumed by corals daily, you shouldn't dose at all. Its blindly dosing which leads to fluctuations. 

Dosing alk should be done to replenish what is used on a daily basis. This usually occurs with more than 2 lps. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the advises. I have a new problem. My frogspawn arrived today and before I unpack it was loosing tentacles then after I dipped it loose more tentacles.  I thought it was flow so I move it but still lose more tentacles. At the end of the night the head only have about 4 tentacles.  What should I do.

7 minutes ago, Biocube 14 said:

Thanks for all the advises. I have a new problem. My frogspawn arrived today and before I unpack it was loosing tentacles then after I dipped it loose more tentacles.  I thought it was flow so I move it but still lose more tentacles. At the end of the night the head only have about 4 tentacles.  What should I do.

File a claim for a dead on arrival coral. Imo it's a gonner.. sucks . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. I wouldn't pull it but likelihood of it surviving is slim

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

File a claim for a dead on arrival coral. Imo it's a gonner.. sucks . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.. I wouldn't pull it but likelihood of it surviving is slim

This

• Like 1
On 3/23/2020 at 11:46 AM, Biocube 14 said:

Hi Everyone,

First time having a frogspon and a hammer on my tank and I'm wondering what should I supplement my water with. I heard about kalkwaser but I haven't actually read anything about yet. Though that I can get some info here. Thanks.

As mentioned above the beauty of frogspawns and hammers is that they don't need to be fed.  Although occasional direct feedings of things like LRS Reef Frenzy and Reef Roids can help them grow faster.