inTank Media Baskets

Sicce in a fluval

Reefsamurai

Reefsamurai

Has anyone bought the sicce syncra pumps? The .5 and 1 both have a small footprint but still too big for a fluval 5's back chamber. I'm wondering if with the two end pieces of plastic, it's small enough to fit in that chamber?

The flow rate is slightly higher than the Cobalt, so I'm trying to decide before I upgrade since sicce makes good equipment.

ECLS Reefer

I have a sicce 1.0 and it barely fits in the back of my Evo XII, but does fit. Getting it in and out for maintenance cleaning requires some slight gymnastics and usually multiple curse words. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Like 1

In fluval' spec 5.5 the ones that fit are the maxi jet mini 606 and aqueon 400.

Both need a slight mod to fit. The front plate needs removing, which prevents you from being able to control flow so most have to use the rfg nozzle for fluval or get a spin stream to fit on the return.

Other than that small fountain pumps fit but most that will fit are rated 80gph max.

• Like 1
Reefsamurai
8 hours ago, Clown79 said:

In fluval' spec 5.5 the ones that fit are the maxi jet mini 606 and aqueon 400.

Both need a slight mod to fit. The front plate needs removing, which prevents you from being able to control flow so most have to use the rfg nozzle for fluval or get a spin stream to fit on the return.

Other than that small fountain pumps fit but most that will fit are rated 80gph max.

I haven't heard the aqueon mentioned before. I'm familiar with their products on a chain pet store scale. What is the better purchase, that or the Cobalt?

Ive got an Aqueon AQ600 for my Evo 5. Does need very minor modding. Same for the Cobalt pump. I dont see the Aqueon pump available anymore, but I think I read the Cobalt pump is almost the same. Best to hit up @inTank, he’s got the info. 

2 hours ago, Reefsamurai said:

I haven't heard the aqueon mentioned before. I'm familiar with their products on a chain pet store scale. What is the better purchase, that or the Cobalt?

I used the aqueon in my spec 5. It was a good pump.

Look up the measurements and see if you can find a similar pump if you can't find one

• 3 months later...