inTank Media Baskets

Lighting for 8" depth 20" length tank

DOJOLOACH

Anyone have good ideas on what lights I could put on this? It is an IM 6 gallon frag tank. I figured I could do something lower end since the tank is so shallow but not sure what is best.

I prefer LED's

1 hour ago, DOJOLOACH said:

You think that light would be ok for corals too? I see glowfish in the pics lol

Yes, I had the blue/white one over my earlier tanks. And I even had the 24” all blue version as supplement for a while on my current tank.

6 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

Yes, I had the blue/white one over my earlier tanks. And I even had the 24” all blue version as supplement for a while on my current tank.

Thanks mitten,

Going to check out your tank pics if I can find them and a few reviews and I'll probably be leaning toward this unit

Just now, DOJOLOACH said:

Thanks mitten,

Going to check out your tank pics if I can find them and a few reviews and I'll probably be leaning toward this unit

somewhere throughout page 9-16 you'll see the 24" all blue supplement bar making appearance regularly sandwiched in between two orbit marine ICs.  

One of my earliest post on first page of my build thread had the reflection of the blue/white combo - that's the only appearance of that one tho, as I didn't have a journal yet when I was running Nuvo 16. 

On 2/18/2020 at 12:10 AM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I’ve used the pixie 30, and it seems to be a well made solid light. I think new it’s right around that $75 range, and I’m sure it would work well on your tank. 

What settings are you using on the Pixie?

NoOneLikesADryTang
14 minutes ago, Wingy said:

What settings are you using on the Pixie?

If I remember correctly, you could change the intensity of the channels by clicking through intensity. I think it was 4 options. Depending on what you're trying to grow I'd probably be at the 3rd or 4th click on most channels. I also had them set up on a outlet timer, because there isn't any sort of schedule you can program with these lights. They ran for 8 hours a day - got decent growth. I only used them for a few months on a white vs blue growth at home test (surprise - they both grew corals!), and they've since been boxed back up and are sitting in a closet.