Coral Vue Hydros

Help!

Isalei

What is going on with this coral and how do I stop it dying? Its always been white but seems like the brown is creeping upwards- I had two frags and they were growing fine but now this has happened to both. Everything else in the tank is growing well. I did see the tentacley coral(technical name;) ) stinging so I've had to move stuff about a bit. Wondering if I damaged them. 

20200211_101322.jpg

20200211_101315.jpg

20200211_101334.jpg

The bottom photo is a hammer coral, and yes it can sting. I've never seen anything like the top photo. Do you know what it is? Almost looks like a sponge to me, but I'm not sure. Browning can be caused by any number of things: Not enough light, unbalanced chemistry, too much nutrients, not enough nutrients...

I'd recommend a water change to start with. Then get us some numbers and a few more details.

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
47 minutes ago, Isalei said:

Ok so it turns out it was brown once up on a time! I had just forgotten so im guessig its bleached. Just did a big water change so hopefully will help 

20190714_085507.jpg

20190619_202141.jpg

Looks like a stag horn Montipora, or maybe a very bleached Montipora spongodes? It has the same shape as my monti spoongodes

That looks like a monti but dead. There is no flesh and see no polyps.

The original picture of it looks like it wasn't in the greatest condition, it was very yellow/brown.

• Like 2

That Monti is dead or almost dead.

It looked like it was doing okay...maybe blah color but color isn't always an indicator of health....guessing when it got stung...it met it's end.