ReefCleaners.org

Red Sea Coral Pro Mix : Lesson learned!

Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

Hello there! I recently had a nightmare recently with my salt and I did this video to help people no matter what brand you use, I hope it won't happen to you, lesson learned!

Some tips people give me: 
Use a Paint Mixer

Turn your bucket upside down for couple minute

If you have more let's hear it 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
Aqua Splendor

Stratification, but i'm still on the fence, there something else in the salt, i tryied for a third time and the coral react again badly, something inside is not right. 

I'm not tracking with you yet.

Did something happen to your system, or did it not mix to the right salinity, or....?

What reaction are you seeing in your corals?  (Please be specific.)

Aqua Splendor

Like I talk in my video, all my SPS died. Initially i Thought it was just a stratification problem but now i'm having concern, I did a water change with that salt again (couple later weeks after), with good alk/cal/mag but my coral left in the tank (plenty...) didn't like again that salt in that bucket. So there is something inside of it that is not right.

(close polyp, retraction, etc...)

For now i'm using the other blue bucket which seem to be fine.

Frag Factory

Red Sea ICP test all their salt batches and you can see the numbers from the website if you put the bucket batch number in.

They are a really good brand, I would think that things may have settled out in the bucket before you used it. You should always mix the salt (I remove the bag from the bucket and roll it round on the floor for 10 minutes).

I recently went through the same thing with a bucket of Neo Marine