Pod Your Reef

Custom False Wall Insert?

bennyd

Quite some time ago, I removed the false wall from a nano cube, so I could drill it and have a sump and such. Things didn't turn out the greatest as far as drilling and the sump. I'm kind of disabled so I had to have help and they didn't listen very well, long story short, the water level is just too high in the tank. So, I'm wanting to see if there was anyone out there that made custom false walls? I'm wanting to have a little different design than the standard back compartment, more efficient per se.

So I'm not looking for like a false rock wall, I'm looking for maybe one of those kits that turns a normal tank into an AIO, but for an AIO! LOL

Makes a lot of sense, I know...

• Like 1

The dimensions are 26.5" x 21" x 19", standard JBJ 45g rimless, basically I'm wanting to put a new false wall in the tank and make it an AIO again, but I feel there are more efficient ways to section it off than what they do from the factory.

I was hoping there would be a bit more input from the community on it. Maybe I'm just nuts. hehe

5 minutes ago, bennyd said:

The dimensions are 26.5" x 21" x 19", standard JBJ 45g rimless, basically I'm wanting to put a new false wall in the tank and make it an AIO again, but I feel there are more efficient ways to section it off than what they do from the factory.

I was hoping there would be a bit more input from the community on it. Maybe I'm just nuts. hehe

what if you got one of those figicube ones and simply place it in a rear corner? Sure the whole rear wall wouldn't be false but you could easily make a cool scape out of it. Think of it as a corner overflow for sumped tanks I guess. 

Yeah, I get the idea, but the purpose of getting a new wall in is to get the built in fuge and such back in the tank. I have a 30g setup right now with HOB equipment and its just not ideal.

I'm ready to just give up and step away from the hobby for good I think.

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, bennyd said:

Yeah, I get the idea, but the purpose of getting a new wall in is to get the built in fuge and such back in the tank. I have a 30g setup right now with HOB equipment and its just not ideal.

I'm ready to just give up and step away from the hobby for good I think.

Well..you can make a fuge with the media basket holder but now you sound defeatist 😞 

2 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Well..you can make a fuge with the media basket holder but now you sound defeatist 😞 

Kind of am... Life in general just isn't going well. Adding the stress of a "hobby" on top of it isn't helping.

Debating on some major life changes, including divorce. Guess I shouldn't even be thinking about the hobby. Hah!

5 minutes ago, bennyd said:

Kind of am... Life in general just isn't going well. Adding the stress of a "hobby" on top of it isn't helping.

Debating on some major life changes, including divorce. Guess I shouldn't even be thinking about the hobby. Hah!

This hobby is my life distraction yo. But I hear ya 

2 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Give me some dimensions 

"The dimensions are 26.5" x 21" x 19", standard JBJ 45g rimless, basically I'm wanting to put a new false wall in the tank and make it an AIO again, but I feel there are more efficient ways to section it off than what they do from the factory."

1 minute ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Give me some dimensions 

I'll shoot you a PM and maybe discuss something, however at the moment. I'm in a bad place mentally. Shouldn't really be making many decisions right now. Got too much going on, in personal life and what-not. I would maybe like to come up with some kind of design/plan and maybe a cost. Thanks for jumping into the convo!

You guys have all been helpful and nice, appreciate that. If only all aspects of life could be this pleasant. 😕

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, bennyd said:

I'll shoot you a PM and maybe discuss something, however at the moment. I'm in a bad place mentally. Shouldn't really be making many decisions right now. Got too much going on, in personal life and what-not. I would maybe like to come up with some kind of design/plan and maybe a cost. Thanks for jumping into the convo!

You guys have all been helpful and nice, appreciate that. If only all aspects of life could be this pleasant. 😕

That's what we are bro, a community! If anything take a step away for now and then once things settle build your capable dream setup! 

We'll be here waiting for you 😎👉

But like I said, for me this hobby is a huge distraction from life so it could also be good for you too... 

Hold your head up brotha! 

1 minute ago, Matteo said:

That's what we are bro, a community! If anything take a step away for now and then once things settle build your capable dream setup! 

We'll be here waiting for you 😎👉

But like I said, for me this hobby is a huge distraction from life so it could also be good for you too... 

Hold your head up brotha! 

Appreciate it. I always try to hold it up as high as I can. Shouldn't be spillin much here, not the place for it. Kind of just came out in the writing. Haha, maybe I shall start a journal.

Thanks for everything. Hopefully we'll be able to come up with somethin.

• Like 1

If you slow the flow over your drilled tanks box... It will probably lower the water level unless they really really messed up. 

Otherwise you may be able to just make the teeth longer down. 

I known this isn't what you asked but it's probably a quicker fix then changing to an AIO. 

3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

If you slow the flow over your drilled tanks box... It will probably lower the water level unless they really really messed up. 

Otherwise you may be able to just make the teeth longer down. 

I known this isn't what you asked but it's probably a quicker fix then changing to an AIO. 

Agree, but it's going to be moved and the new arrangement isn't going to allow for it to have a sump anymore either, but yet, basically the overflow was drilled too high the the tank, there's literally 2/3" while running.  It would need to be patched and re-drilled like 3" lower than where it is. Going to switch back to AIO for convenience of the new location and less headache for me and my situation.

• Like 2

Ahh i like AIOs too on any sort of nano. Just so simple and silent. 

There are members here very handy with acrylic... Maybe they need to find this thread! 

• Like 2