SaltCritters.com

Looking for feedback

tofer

I recently added a doser  like Monday  . Prior to this I was manually dosing  daily in the morning. I just checked my alk today and it was .6 lower then Monday. Should I chalk this up to not being precise when manually dosing . 

I did calibrate pump and purge the air from the lines . 

• Like 1

I would just focus on what is currently happening.  So you'll probably want to adjust it until stability is achieved.  Keep in mind that consumption tends to increase with coral biomass (as well as coralline algae).  So you'll still want to spot check and make adjustments as necessary (as well as performing occasional doser maintenance).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@seabass  i was pretty stable  since April  +/- .2   which I believe is stable you may say no . I try to test  Wed & Sun to keep  in check .  After i posted did a test to make sure was dosing accurately and it was spot on .I don't think adding 5 stony corals 11 days ago would cause a drop Sunday to Today . I use Hanna to test  All & Cal Salifret for Mag  others were at same as Sunday .  this all being said should i use todays # as the starting point  or slowly get back to previous # slowly over a few days ?  

Thanks for your Help

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, tofer said:

should i use todays # as the starting point

I like to target the same parameters as your freshly mixed saltwater.  That way water changes don't raise or lower parameters.  I'd agree that +/- 0.2 is pretty stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I haven’t used many dosers, but from my limited  experience I found that dosers are less accurate dosing small amounts.. one thing that helped me was diluting my two part while using a doser.. what I did was cut each two part solution with 50 percent  rodi  and up the dose to double the ml essentially keeping the actual dose the same.. hope that makes sense happy reefing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@seabassI’m a dumb a** went over everything with doser again re reread the instructions watched a YouTube video about the doser    And there is a typo in the instructions I was had it set to every other day not every day like I had been . it was only the one pump I did the to that  that’s why other # were same . So to try to get back in balance I added a second lower dose to gradually bring back to proper level. 

• Like 2
On 9/4/2019 at 8:46 PM, tofer said:

I don't think adding 5 stony corals 11 days ago would cause a drop Sunday to Today .

Depending on the corals and the tank, you might be surprised.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:12 PM, seabass said:

Good catch!  Seems like you found it fairly quickly; I doubt there was any harm.

Yeah it just did add up in my head . No Issues I can see and back to normal as of tonight .

• Like 1