Top Shelf Aquatics

So I'm considering getting a hydra 26 light from ai for my 26 gal tank. It's called ocean free 96l tank dimensions are 23"L × 16"W × 16"H. I'm a total newbie to reefing so go easy on me. I'm just wondering what sort of light schedule would I need and what settings would be ultimately suitable for all coral growth in the future. Also how far away should my light be from my waters surface?

15 hours ago, Hsaiin ✌ said:

So I'm considering getting a hydra 26 light from ai for my 26 gal tank. It's called ocean free 96l tank dimensions are 23"L × 16"W × 16"H. I'm a total newbie to reefing so go easy on me. I'm just wondering what sort of light schedule would I need and what settings would be ultimately suitable for all coral growth in the future. Also how far away should my light be from my waters surface?

Getting 2 Ai Primes HD may be better. You can spread them out farther and get full coverage.

There are many, many schedules out there that work.

Some customize theirs because some ppl like heavy blues while others like more white.

That's my percentages with 2 primes on a 25 lagoon. I have an 1 hr ramp up, 2 hr ramp down, run moonlighting from 10pm -2am. 

Some popular schedules are the

Ab+

David Saxby

Pirates of the Caribbean

On the Ai website they have featured schedule by hobbyists that you can download, some may adjusting to fit your tanks needs as some of these tanks are huge

Screenshot_20190604-172356.thumb.jpeg.58aab98e83b3df7c3098dc93a3214681.jpeg

1 hour ago, Clown79 said:

Getting 2 Ai Primes HD may be better. You can spread them out farther and get full coverage.

There are many, many schedules out there that work.

Some customize theirs because some ppl like heavy blues while others like more white.

That's my percentages with 2 primes on a 25 lagoon. I have an 1 hr ramp up, 2 hr ramp down, run moonlighting from 10pm -2am. 

Some popular schedules are the

Ab+

David Saxby

Pirates of the Caribbean

On the Ai website they have featured schedule by hobbyists that you can download, some may adjusting to fit your tanks needs as some of these tanks are huge

Screenshot_20190604-172356.thumb.jpeg.58aab98e83b3df7c3098dc93a3214681.jpeg

Thanks a lot sorry for troubling you.

2 hours ago, Hsaiin ✌ said:

2 hours ago, Hsaiin ✌ said:

You're not troubling me😁

There are a lot of options. 

ECLS Reefer

Jumping into this thread’s thoughts... So do you think two AI primes would work over a 50g cube? 24x24x24? I’m watching everyone’s comments about primes vs T5 vs radions and what not and not sure what goal to set for when I can afford something nice. I’m currently working with two Orbit lights but only LPS stuff. Or could I get one of the 4 light hydras and do the job with one? 

51 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Jumping into this thread’s thoughts... So do you think two AI primes would work over a 50g cube? 24x24x24? I’m watching everyone’s comments about primes vs T5 vs radions and what not and not sure what goal to set for when I can afford something nice. I’m currently working with two Orbit lights but only LPS stuff. Or could I get one of the 4 light hydras and do the job with one? 

2 primes may be fine on a 50g, depends on dimensions. 3 would probably be better

I know someone who runs 4 rations (single puck) on a 180g.

• Like 1