Pod Your Reef

Hello!

Queenofreef

Queenofreef

Hi there! My name is Stephanie 🙂 Loving this forum so far and wish I found this earlier!

I’ve been in this hobby for about four years now. First tank was a 29g Biocube and upgraded to an IM 40g about 8 months ago. Unfortunately, last month I had my first crash due to a doser issue. It’s crushing, and I’m having a difficult time staying motivated. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the community! If anyone has any tips/experiences about rebuilding after a crash I would love that!

IM 40g (before crash 😞)

5831199A-D904-49C8-B9CA-FDB3E4DE7C31.thumb.jpeg.85d318fee0c7b8c3bfce9b33f107d1ab.jpeg

First saltwater tank! Biocube 29g. 

8767310F-7054-4A07-AFD1-93831CA0B3E2.thumb.jpeg.3556bbafede189e57f01febb2fe88876.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 4

Hi Stephanie welcome to Nano-Reef.  This is a great community sorry to hear about your tank crash, and by the looks of it you had alot of nice coral. My advice is get your water params right, save the stuff you can and rebuild.  You def know what your doing, so in time you will have your reef up and going agiain.  I'm in the process of a 40 gallon build too and very excited about it.  Seems like 40 is a perfect size, easy to manage and not as limiting with coral and fish selections.  

• Like 4
debbeach13

Welcome to NR. So sorry to hear about the tank crash. Both tanks look like you really took/take care of them. It can be hard to stick with it but many people here have done it. Did you lose every thing? Is the tank running at all now? 

• Like 5
banasophia

Great to see you here in nano-reef @Queenofreef. I follow you on Instagram and saw you at Aquashella Dallas, wish I’d had the opportunity to say hello in person. Your former Biocube and your IM 40 are both gorgeous!

You came to the right place for tips and support as you work to rebuild after your crash... starting a journal would probably be the best way to get some help, along with searching previous threads. Would love to hear more about the current status, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with as you rebuild. 🙂🤗

• Like 4
29 minutes ago, Lulu_Lunette said:

Welcome! I’m curious - May I ask what were you dosing that made your tank crash? 

Guessing it was two part and the alk spiked.. I'm curious as to which doser failed???🤔

• Like 1
Queenofreef
14 hours ago, Lulu_Lunette said:

Welcome! I’m curious - May I ask what were you dosing that made your tank crash? 

Alk and calc two-part overdose 😞 

• Sad 5