ReefCleaners.org

Marineland "crystal clear" aquariums

JustinReef

JustinReef

It's been a while since I set up anything that was not low iron glass and while in a shop looking at the standard Marineland (black trim) aquariums, I had a tough time figuring out how clear the glass really is (especially dry). Can anyone comment on this? They seem decent, definitely better than some of the other brands I was looking at. 

Thanks!

While I do not have a Marineland aquarium, I recently bought this low-iron Lifeguard Aquatics aquarium from @Marine Depot.  

It is replacing a AGA 5.5 gallon I bought in the late 1990s.  While the new tank is clearer, as the glass is thin on both tanks the difference is not near as noticeable as on much larger aquariums.  Ones that require glass 1/2 inch thick and way beyond is where the low iron "clarity" really pays off dividends.  

Am totally thrilled about my new tank and cannot wait for next month when I have the time to transfer everything over, but I would not worry too much in your situation.  If you have a found a tank (whatever it is) that you like, then go for it.  

--Superdave

• Like 3