ReefCleaners.org

Help with selecting another fish or two??

RemoGaggi

I have a 20 gallon IM20.  I started the tank nearly 3 months ago.  I've had my pajama cardinal and firefish for nearly 2 months - both are doing great.  I also have a skunk cleaner shrimp and my CUC of several snails along with a handful of small frags.  My wife has been bugging me to get another fish or two because there's not a lot of fish movement in the tank.  The firefish likes to hide in the rocks and the pajama cardinal is a master of staying still in the water.  LOL.

I'm open to suggestions.  What would you get?  Thanks!

IMG_20190423_085928937.jpg

• Like 1

I mean you could say a pair of Clowns are "basic" but they are my favorite fish. Lots of personality, cute as balls, many variations, stay nice and small, and they are very active swimmers. Usually exploring the tank and they will come up to the glass too if hungry 

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, sadie said:

clowns would liven it up (they are my favorite too)  tons of personality and movement.  They have all colors and patterns now too. 

I LOVE premium clowns. Mine are basic little ocs. But gotta love em 

• Thanks 1

Agree with the suggestions for a clownfish pair. If you are considering getting a bubble tip anemone in the future to host them, you may consider getting clownfish that are already known to take interest in an anemone. Three of my four clowns have no interest whatsoever.  

• Thanks 1

Clowns are great, tons of color morphs you can get, and lots of personality.

Another great fish in general is a possum wrasse. They are great pest control and they are always actively hunting around your tank. Check out Tanaka's possum wrasse, colors look amazing on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Joevember said:

Well I got good news for you, they both died in the crash. 👍

Sorry for the reaction but the way you told them was just solid 😂

• Haha 1

Oh wait this isn't my thread, forget what I said 😂

I've got too many threads going on... thought this was my pico thread when I posted that.

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Naekuh said:

i think in about 3 months your going to be in trouble from the xenia and GSP you have in that corner.  :X

Thanks for the suggestion.  Both the Xenia and GSP are on separate rocks already.  It just looks like they are all part of the same rock structure.  

• Like 1

have you also considered a yellow clown goby? 

I can tell you more what fish not to get more then what to get... lol...

You most definitely want a peaceful fish, otherwise it will spooke that firefish into taking the leap of death.  

• Thanks 1

You want to stick to peaceful fish. I would go with a tailspot blenny.

A lot of people said clowns by my pair turned into bullies once they matured and wanted to have babies. 

• Like 1