Coral Vue Hydros

20g on its way.

cornstar

Here is my new 20g (80L).

It is finished cycling and all the params look good.

Got 12.5kg of LR, 2 snails and a red sea star.

Will be adding some clowns next week.

Changing to a 150w MH in 3 weeks (money!!), then i will get some corals.

Thanks Guys

It is a custom made tank.

Lenght x Width x Height = 76x30x35cm (30x12x14'')

The stars is a Red Linckia.

I am very happy with the clarity of the water, can't wait untill i can start adding stuff!! But i am try no to rush it.

Cheers

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cornstar,

This is my first post, and i just wanted to tell you that i think you tank is awesome and that's what i want to achieve.

I have a 2' X 14" (H) X 12" (W)

What's the hardware you've got on the tank?

Cheers

GRace

Originally posted by graceless

Hey Cornstar,

This is my first post, and i just wanted to tell you that i think you tank is awesome and that's what i want to achieve.

I have a 2' X 14" (H) X 12" (W)

What's the hardware you've got on the tank?

Cheers

GRace

Thanks Grace

I stiil have a long long way to go but thanks for the comments.

I have:

12.5 kg of local Western Australian Live Rock

Two Heto powerheads (1050L/h each) running in a alternate timmer.

Multi 30 air driven protein skimmer

Hang on Dynaflo 10 to 30 Filter (with carbon)

And i am in the process of getting a custom hood to hold a 150W 14000K Metal Halide.

The only live stock are 2 nassarius snails, one turbo snail, one linkia sea star and two Percula clowns.

Cheers

Paul

Your tank looks great. Very clean look to it. I would suggest a black background to make everything inside standout more as well as hide everything behind the tank. Just my .02. Very Nice tank.

looks great! i absolutely love your aquascaping, it looks very abstract. it's hard to tell from photographs, but it looks like you could drop the powerhead on the right down some, and place a rock on top of it, and you'd have both the heater and the powerhead completely hidden on that side. just some food for thought.

btw, how is the starfish doing? linkias are incredibly difficult do keep, especially in a new tank, so if your's does well i wanna know everything you've done with it :)

good luck!

Excellent job my friend !

the tank looks great, i hope you can update your notes in here including adding pictures ...

i just started looking into this great hobbie a few weeks ago, still reading all interesting posts here and in RC.

just purchase my first book on ebay "the new marine aquarium" by michael s paletta.

my thought are to buy all equipment from eaby :

protein skimmer- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4329597599&rd=1

and a nice couple of powerheads

i dont think i'll need a heater due to the fact im from ISRAEL and temp here are high all year even in the winter , the standard temp during day and night is almost the same ( i live in tel aviv)

approx 75f.

my setup will be something like your size , up to 40G due to lack of space and budget.

i thought i should place some live rock a couple of shirimps LS and maybe a hippo tang , i know it's not too roomy for the tang but the LFS near by sells them when the about 1 inch long and the sooo cute i must have one or two ?

price are $20 for one $35 for pair.

i will take some photos of the lfs just for you guys to see ..

they have a mighty protein skimmer 10' tall.

any replay will be highly appreciated !

Thx

omer

israel

Archived