Innovative Marine Aquariums

Neptune Customer support is THE ABSOLUTE WORST

Mitch619

Just now, jbb_00 said:

To be honest I've never dealt with their customer service department so I have no idea . I guess I've been lucky to not have issues with mine , I bought the backup as a precaution after reading of fee others having issues

Is there new apex outlets less reliable? I have a lite that has worked for literally... YEARS... flawlessly. Like maybe 5 or 6 years now?

Just got a new apex :scarry: to replace my lite since new stuff wont support the older modules. 

3 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Is there new apex outlets less reliable? I have a lite that has worked for literally... YEARS... flawlessly. Like maybe 5 or 6 years now?

Just got a new apex :scarry: to replace my lite since new stuff wont support the older modules. 

Mine is the classic so I have the old style 

4 minutes ago, Mitch619 said:

Dang that sucks. I wouldn’t be too mad about a pump though. I appreciate the responses here. 

I’ll take it down a notch with Neptune being the worst but I still think people should know that if they were to run into problems, it’s gonna take a bit to fix. And by a bit I mean 2 weeks. 

Ya it sucked but at least they all have worked nice since... better than my gyre that needs new parts way too often.

I think having to send back lights would be unacceptable/the worst but have heard of people having to do that. 😮

Emergency chinese black box anyone?

16 minutes ago, Mitch619 said:

Dude a power outage is no reason for that to fail. You were in your right to get a new one. How the f does a power outage cause it to fail? That’s crazy. It sucks there is no competing fish controllers out there cause I wanna rip this thing out and throw it in the trash. 

This is not an issue with just Apex stuff, it is an electronics issue due to power surges. I had a computer board fry because of this when the power came on after a storm. You can buy surge resistant power bars that protect against large voltage spikes. 

2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

To be honest I've never dealt with their customer service department so I have no idea . I guess I've been lucky to not have issues with mine , I bought the backup as a precaution after reading of fee others having issues

I have had a tunze ato sensor fail and they had me send it in so they could replace the optical sensor. Took about 2 weeks total . 

They’re responsive and seem to care to an extent. But man... they’re supposed to be life support on a reef. They should have a better way of dealing with these issues. Everyone should be aware that they will leave you hanging if it happens to you. And it had to happen while I was traveling lol 

4 minutes ago, Mitch619 said:

They’re responsive and seem to care to an extent. But man... they’re supposed to be life support on a reef. They should have a better way of dealing with these issues. Everyone should be aware that they will leave you hanging if it happens to you. And it had to happen while I was traveling lol 

I think that last sentence is the biggest issue. You were / are out of town and helpless for the most part which adds stress and amplifies the situation to an extent. You are right to be annoyed by it but getting all twisted about it isn't going to change anything and just adds more stress to you. Get it fixed , plan for the "what ifs" and go enjoy your tank. It's meant to be fun not a stressor. 

• Like 2

Umm.....either get your money back or buy another power strip while it’s being fixed 🤷‍♂️ Pretty sure my EB8 was damaged by water getting into it....Mine was just out of warranty and they still fixed it...solid customer service if you ask me....Hell if you really need to control it from your phone here’s a good backup plan. There was a time when aquariums survived without smart controls 🙄

F8A7DABE-320E-4AA7-8BA5-3E1B8E1DAEED.png

HarryPotter
30 minutes ago, Mitch619 said:

Yeah this is definitely a learning experience.

Have extra eb8s and eb832s cause if one were to fail, this company has second class customer support that will leave you waiting for weeks. 

Whats your defense on that? Would you call their customer support first class? Like ecotech who sent a new product immediately? 

You or whoever was at home is not bright enough to plug things into a generic power bar? Im confused... 

• Haha 1
chaostactics

Ive found Neptune to be helpful if not overly so. I bitched about an issue with occasional connectivity drops on a 4 year old apex using a nonsupported wifi adapter and then went on vacation for a bit and they sent like 3-4 follow up emails asking about the issue/trying to set up a phone call, they weren't "form" emails either at least jot all of them.