Pod Your Reef

Finally my own 15 gallon nano reef!

1-Little-Fishy

1-Little-Fishy

Small update

We bought another 'small' piece  of live rock yesterday and we discovered yesterday there is a small little crab in it 😶😮. I have no idea if its harmfull or not and we knew where it was but we decided to leave it alone for a bit (which was very stupid) and when we came back this yesterday evening he left his little cave in the live rock and now we can't find him anymore!!

We couldn't really get a good look at him but he was a really light grey colour and his legs were hairy and striped black and white.

Please help. I have no clue what to do now 🙄

Picture of the tank with the new piece of rock:

15510074388538333571369994712619.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
1-Little-Fishy

Hello everyone following this small little build 😉.

Since this was my introduction to reef tanks, and this tank was a test to see how everything works there are some exciting near future plans! Sorry for this late update but A LOT has happened in just these last few weeks!

To start off, the tank has now already been fishless for a few weeks and that isn't about to change for some weeks. The big plan I was talking about is the upcoming of a upgrade to an 80 gallon tank with an (from my point of view) giant sump! We bought this tank secondhand so it is kind of a fixer-upper

But all the needed equipment is included! Sadly because of this upgrade the small nano (which im very attached to) is going away 😪. All of the corals are being transferred and so is a part of the life rock.

The 80 gallon we'll be buying is already stocked with:

2 percula clownsfish

2 bangaii cardinals

5 green chromis

1 sand sifting goby

2 cleaner shrimp

1 peppermint shrimp

But there'll be a new upcoming build thread from the start of the 80 gallon!

1-Little-Fishy

Now onto the updates for the 15 gallon nano!

As you could tell from previous photo's we had algae issues and decided we wanted to take a natural approach to the problem by upgrading the CUC. We've added 4 assorted snails and a tuxedo urchin and they have made a great impact on the algae. Its not all gone yet but it has steadily decreased.

Now for the lighting!!!

In preparation for the 80 gallon tank we bought the maxspect razor 180 watt lighting which we want to eventually transfer to the 80 gallon.

Altough we have only had this light for 2 days...... I absolutely love it! All of the corals seem to like it and the coloration on them is incredible. It really was the best purchase we have made so far!

We've also added some new corals.

Pictures:

20190317_143621.thumb.jpg.297372d2e8e54d47cf10cf187e7d808e.jpg20190317_143616.thumb.jpg.9f745251e9f48e752795f11c2f5ba5ae.jpg20190317_143613.thumb.jpg.7c92a283bcea0059b7b1c55bdc06be14.jpg

the colours on the photo's look way less intense and vibrant but in real life they look absolutely stunning.

I hope everyone will soon follow the build thread for the 80 gallon upgrade since I'll need a lot of advice and tips on 

That large of a tank 😅☺.

20190316_210126.jpg

1-Little-Fishy

Btw. We have also managed to catch the litte crab. It's currently in a small tank with some fake rock and he will be transferred to the refuge of the 80g!.

Btw. We have also managed to catch the litte crab. It's currently in a small tank with some fake rock and he will be transferred to the refuge of the 80g!.