Coral Vue Hydros

Don't do what I just did....

Clown79

2 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

:grouphug:

We've all been there! On my last water change I did the opposite and forgot to unplug my heater. It ran dry for a good 10 minutes and got insanely hot before I realized what I did, fortunately it didn't shatter. I'm thinking that I should add some kind of visual reminder to myself, a big sticker on my water change bucket, inside the gear cabinet door, or something like that.

Are you using a glass?  Ime, they eventually let water in one way or another.   I like titanium heaters but I know your set up is a little small for one.  Speaking of which, I need to get a new heater.  I think mine is around 5 years old.  

• 3 weeks later...

after reading this thread, I just realized that I NEVER have turned my heater off during a water change.. never even thought about it until now, my heater has never done anything weird *knocks on wood* 

guess I'll need to start doing this lol 

45 minutes ago, scrappy34 said:

after reading this thread, I just realized that I NEVER have turned my heater off during a water change.. never even thought about it until now, my heater has never done anything weird *knocks on wood* 

guess I'll need to start doing this lol 

I learned to turn my off because of 2 scenarios

1. 55g tank, during some maintenance I took the heater out, put it on my carpeted floor and yup, it burnt the carpet cause I forgot to unplug it...dumb ass moment of mine. lol

2. once again, forgot to unplug my heater in my 10g, this was during my back chamber clean out - heater started smoking from air contact. Caught it in time to do no damage.

• Like 1