inTank Media Baskets

Salt Creep at Bottom edge of tank... is this a leak?

scvbrent

Just the last two days I’ve come hone to see an odd buildup of salt creep along the outside bottom edge of the tank (Nuvo 10). I’ve had the issue before where the clips caused water to rub down the outside and make a small buildup of salt creep before, but this seems different - I don’t see a streak where the water is running doesn’t the glass. It appears as if it’s just building up from the very bottom of the tank. Could this be the early signs of a leak?? 

The buildup in the photos was over only 24 hrs or so. 

Thanks for any any thoughts or suggestions!!

6CB147DC-8A82-433D-A691-AA07069DAABF.jpeg

1AE77471-753F-424F-A95C-63978A7761D3.jpeg

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, scvbrent said:

Just the last two days I’ve come hone to see an odd buildup of salt creep along the outside bottom edge of the tank (Nuvo 10). I’ve had the issue before where the clips caused water to rub down the outside and make a small buildup of salt creep before, but this seems different - I don’t see a streak where the water is running doesn’t the glass. It appears as if it’s just building up from the very bottom of the tank. Could this be the early signs of a leak?? 

The buildup in the photos was over only 24 hrs or so. 

Thanks for any any thoughts or suggestions!!

6CB147DC-8A82-433D-A691-AA07069DAABF.jpeg

1AE77471-753F-424F-A95C-63978A7761D3.jpeg

It’s very possible.  

Do your clowns hang out at the top?  Mine used to sleep at the water line at night and would spill little bits over the edge of the rim. 

• Like 1

I have one spot where I always have drips down the side. I’ve never been able to figure out exactly why, but it is the corner my clowns sleep in, so maybe they get crazy at night. 

• Like 1

I would clean it up and use masking tape to hold a paper towel over that spot.  See if it collects any moisture, etc.  If were from water coming over the sides I would think you would be able to see the drip marks (I always can at least)

• Like 1