Pod Your Reef

ℹ️ A Quick Introduction to NanorOx

NanoRox

What is NanorOx?

Well, let me first tell you what it is not.  NanorOx is NOT a large company with hundreds or even tens of employees.  In fact, NanorOx is the creative expression of a solo nano aquarist...me - Duane Clark.  I believe nano aquascaping can be done as beautifully as what can be accomplished in larger aquaria.  In fact, because of innovative scaping options like NanorOx, it may even be better.  By utilizing the entire aquarium space (including the glass and back walls) tiny, intimate aquatic ecosystems can be created that are simply not possible in larger tanks.  NanorOx was created for this sole purpose...to expand the nano aquarist's aquascaping options for less money than could be done in larger aquariums.

But what IS a NanorOx? 

NanorOx are innovative, hand made resin coral frag rocks.  Each NanorOx uses two powerful Neodymium magnets to attach to the aquarium walls.  One magnet is inset within the resin while the outside magnet is plastic coated so it can be placed in the back chamber of an All In One (AIO) aquarium.  The magnets are so strong you can use your NanorOx in aquariums with glass as thick as 1/2 an inch!*  NanorOx are made of all aquarium safe materials by Smooth-On.  They are first cast in reef safe resin and are then expertly painted in water based acrylics and finally sealed in a tough plastic encapsulant to provide extra strength and durability.

*I also have smaller PiccorOx that are meant for smaller picco tanks and nano's.

Seeing is better than reading so here is a quick workbench demo

The Inappropriate Reefer also explains them well here

That's it for now.  I will be posting here often and welcome any questions or discussion.  You can find the website and www.nanorox.com and follow me on Instagram @nanorox1 

Troy Acan Store Pic - jpeg.jpg

website collage1.png

piccopair1-png.png

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

I really like the 2nd set that has the green in it. Can they be made without the frag plug holes?

Thanks.  Glad you like them.  Technically the color can be adjusted for any rock when I make them.  I would just need to know preferences.  I have not included a custom order option yet  

i cant make these without the plug holes  since the molds are already made.  One idea, however would be for me to just make or include as an option a frag plug that could go into the hole like my larger donut frags.  But again, not currently an option. 

Thanks for the feedback! 

• Like 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to ℹ️ A Quick Introduction to NanorOx
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Is the backside of the PicoRox vertical model small enough that it could be used in a curved glass cookie jar pico? Perhaps you have a glass vase or something you could test with? 🙂  

Great question.  Just tested with two small jars.  Magnets are strong enough to hold the picorox in place and more than enough to hold a frag on a .75 disk 

A81692A2-86F1-4844-B2B3-51731D6CA5BF.jpeg

3508494D-EEF9-41FB-8597-8ED2A048F8E4.jpeg

FE993426-9F93-4C65-B411-32983193F893.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 6:41 AM, NanoRox said:

Thanks.  Glad you like them.  Technically the color can be adjusted for any rock when I make them.  I would just need to know preferences.  I have not included a custom order option yet  

i cant make these without the plug holes  since the molds are already made.  One idea, however would be for me to just make or include as an option a frag plug that could go into the hole like my larger donut frags.  But again, not currently an option. 

Thanks for the feedback! 

For some reason I missed this reply before. The reason I asked about it is because these would look nice on the back wall of my cold water tank for nems to perch on. Obviously I wouldn't need frag plug holes though. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

For some reason I missed this reply before. The reason I asked about it is because these would look nice on the back wall of my cold water tank for nems to perch on. Obviously I wouldn't need frag plug holes though. 

Sounds fun...if you want me to paint one up some other way (we would need to chat about what you want first), I'm game.  I would just glue the plugs down for you.  

• Recommended Discussions