ReefCleaners.org

Post pics of your complete set-up from a distance...

Tigahboy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a closed up turbinia. He opened like 5 minutes later. I should have waited a little longer. Heres a closeup from when he was on the other side of the tank:

turbcoral.jpg

Ohhh. That's a nice color turbinia. are those common? I don't think I've seen that color before at my LFS's...then again, I don't see a lot at my LFS's. :(

Thanks Tigahboy...I got him at Apex. He was my first coral when my 50 gallon was set up. My wife loves him, so he survives on in my 20. He was originally dyed a horrific yellow color. Within a week in my tank, he sloughed of all of the yellow dye, and assumed the natural cream color, with mint green mouths. He is the oldest one in my tank, having been in there around a year and a half. Several people have offered good money for it, but I cannot part with it.

As for them being common or not, I'm not sure. I have seen other shapes, but not this cup shape too often. He has grown considerably, taking off after the addition of halides. His polyps are starting to "lip" the cup, and grow along the back of the skeleton.

OHHH...ic why I've never seen it then. I have seen the yellows...I go to Apex sometimes too (oh yeah, we PMed about that awhile ago). They seem to have a lot of dyed stuff...not positive tho.

not to turn this into a vendor feedback thread...but I think it's good to warn others...cuz I got duped into buying all this unnecessary and grossly insufficient stuff too...basically I probably blew, like completely wasted, about $300-400 there. I buy little stuff from them from time to time (like my Hawaiian featherduster), but I don't listen anymore to their advice. Btw, did you know that Apex is the same aquarium that Rob Schneider went to in Deuce Bigalow?? hahah. Saw it again and just noticed that. Too bad that girl who grabs the snails in the movie doesn't work there in real life.

Anyways, keep the pictures from a distance coming!! haha.

Nice, man....how do you even get any work done? haha. I'd be majorly distracted. Does your boss let you do water changes and maintenance during work hours?

I just change out 1 gal./week, do top offs and scrape some algae when it needs it. So I can get all that done during lunch. If I need to clean skimmer I'll come in early to do it, otherwise I am usually out on the machine shop floor (I'm a supervisor) and don't get nearly as much time to gawk at it as I'd like :( Also I don't know if i'll get to keep it here much longer as my new boss doesn't seem to like me and always seems to have a scowl on his face when he glances at the tank. My old boss loved it, and from what i heard spent a lot of time at my desk during the day (i'm on second shift).......I guess maybe thats part of the reason he no longer works here!:blush:

Yeah, I knew Tigahboy. Always brought a smile to my face. "...no, the ones on the bottom." I almost bought a used chiller there, but didn't.

Archived