ReefCleaners.org

AI prime HD settings question

LongBeachReefer

5 hours ago, Jamie456 said:

The problem with the new HD is it's bluetooth only. So no PC editing. Iv'e heard somewhere that they might add WIFI latter and the device lists a WIFI radio and ipv6 so who knows. I did learn you can use drop box to upload files to the app from your phone. I guess I'll wait for the acclamation time to end and see what my corals do. So far my corals love it. Thanks,

Yeah I wish there was a way to edit files on a pc without actually connecting to the light. Like you said the 16hd has no WiFi so no editing settings on a pc. And editing the settings on a phone is a pain. There are settings every 10 mins throughout the day and on a phone will take forever 

On 1/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, Clown79 said:

The Saxby setting need to all individually be adjusted, the easiest way is doing it on your PC rather than the phone 

This is a pic of my HD settings but the uv, b, rb, v are now 80%.

My whites go from 15% for 3hrs to then 10% for 3hrs.

Screenshot_20190604-172356.thumb.jpeg.58aab98e83b3df7c3098dc93a3214681.jpeg

I just got an email response from AI support, and they told me how to edit the full schedule with 2 fingers. it basically allows you to take the saxby user set, and drop the whole schedule by 10 percent across all set points. or 20 percent. whatever you decide.

To modify a schedule you imported, please follow the steps below:

1. Select the "Control" tab. (or "light" tab if you have the new app)
2. Place 1 finger on your screen near the schedule
3. Place a second finger on screen and shift both together in the desired direction

This will allow you to shift the schedule's time as a whole.

you might want to save your settings before playing with this as it's a little weird to use and took me a few tries of reloading the original saxby setting then messing with the schedule using 2 fingers.

WOW!  That's a lot of complication just to light a basic tank. 

Doesn't seem like there was even a need for a customizable light, so why go through all that??

You're there now I guess.  😉

Consider getting a light meter so at least you aren't guessing at the levels your tank is getting. 

A cheap lux meter is all it takes.....$7-$20 or so.