ReefCleaners.org

@HarryPotter's SPS

seabass

I just receive a montipora pack from @HarryPotter.  I couldn't be happier with what I got, the variety, the size of the frags, the condition of the corals, the packing/shipping, and the communication.  I always knew what was going on (from getting WYSIWYG pics before hand, to planning a delivery date, to getting a tracking number, to checking on the shipment).

The box was labeled with what I got, and it was packed nicely.  The specimen bottles held up good; just a slight leak that made a few of the peanuts a little sticky (but no problem as they just wipe off).  Each coral was labeled clearly on its individual container.

081418a.jpg081418c.jpg081418d.jpg

The corals were floated upside down by sticking the plugs in some styrofoam.  The box insulation was cut without air gaps (very impressive).

081418e.jpg081418f.jpg081418h.jpg

Here they are in my tank.

081418k.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate to order more corals from Harry in the future.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that I will.  Excellent trader (awesome experience).

• Like 6

Thanks for the feedback! I do cut the styrofoam myself at the table saw. Having no air gaps is definitely  important for efficient insulation! 

Re sticky ghost poop: 

It was my mistake, I didn’t wipe off the containers or my hands while filling the boxes- didn’t think it mattered. I don’t think the containers leaked, but realize now that all that moisture (dripping wet containers) in a closed bag will mess up the packing peanuts. Good to know so I wont do that again!

Glad and you like them!  For a minute I didn’t think that red one would fit xD

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Thanks for the feedback! I do cut the styrofoam myself at the table saw. No air gaps definitely are important for efficient insulation! 

Re sticky ghost poop: 

It was my mistake, I didn’t wipe off the containers or my hands while filling the boxes- didn’t think it mattered. I don’t think the containers leaked, but realize now that all that moisture (dripping wet containers) in a closed bag will mess up the packing peanuts. Good to know so I wont do that again!

Glad and you like them!  For a minute I didn’t think that red one would fit xD

I thought it was hilarious that the saltwater ended up melting the ghost poops in my package. 😂

I got my package from @HarryPotter today as well. Everything was super well packaged, and the frags were actually so chunky that a couple of them sunk out of the styrofoam. Buy with confidence!

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

So I glued all of them except the Encrusting Sunset Montipora sp. (which has fallen down so I didn't get a pic of it).

083118c.jpg

Forest Fire Montipora digitata

083118e.jpg

Montipora undata (top).

083118f.jpg

Top down: Montipora digitata, red Montipora capricornis, and green Montipora capricornis

083118g.jpg

Another shot of the Montipora undata, two Christmas Montipora capricornis (it's hard to see the one on the left), and another red Montipora capricornis

083118h.jpg

On the right is another Montipora digitata (which I split in two).  I also split the red monti cap and Christmas monti cap.

They aren't all happy, but I hope they settle in.

Edit: Oops, sorry, didn't mean to post this here.  :blush:  Oh well, I guess I'll leave it be.

• Like 3