ReefCleaners.org

IM SR80 Build!

davy jones

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but I can across it while searching for bacterial infections in a reef tank.  I noticed what happened you is what is exactly happening to me.

I bought a shipment from AquaSD and shortly after I noticed ALL my LPS corals started receding and slowly having what I think to be STN.  Zoas and softies appear unaffected.  It seems to affect smaller corals more significantly.  I'm not sure how to stop it.  I tried iodine dips on some of my frags but it doesn't seem to be helping

I was considering dosing the tank with iodine since I can't really dip every individual LPS coral.  Maybe UV sterilizer? What did you do to stop the disease?

I'm never going to buy from AquaSD again that's for sure.  With their constant sales to constantly push inventory, they area definitely a chop shop.  

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2019 at 7:17 PM, Adawg362 said:

I know this is an old thread but I can across it while searching for bacterial infections in a reef tank.  I noticed what happened you is what is exactly happening to me.

I bought a shipment from AquaSD and shortly after I noticed ALL my LPS corals started receding and slowly having what I think to be STN.  Zoas and softies appear unaffected.  It seems to affect smaller corals more significantly.  I'm not sure how to stop it.  I tried iodine dips on some of my frags but it doesn't seem to be helping

I was considering dosing the tank with iodine since I can't really dip every individual LPS coral.  Maybe UV sterilizer? What did you do to stop the disease?

I'm never going to buy from AquaSD again that's for sure.  With their constant sales to constantly push inventory, they area definitely a chop shop.  

Nothing I did helped stop the infection. Lost everything but my large hammer colony, and that one lost ~4-5 heads too. Then one day it all just stopped. Havent bought any new torchs/hammers or anything since as i dont have any room but good luck with your fight man.

• Sad 1
  • 1 month later...