Pod Your Reef

Week 2 Giveaway, Pods and Phyto!

Pod Your Reef

Pod Your Reef

Thanks to all those who participated in last weeks giveaway. We're excited to be here and pretty stoked to start sharing our build thread with y'all. We haven't decided which direction we're going to take it. But it'll be a fun journey. With that said, let's move onto the fun part. 

Prize: 1 Phyto + 1 Tisbe  Swag Pack + Free Shipping

b47.jpeg.ccde439f28380dbafdc4ba643ebc7e52.jpeg

How do I win? 

Post your most embarrassing, I can't believe I did that reefing moment. The post with the most reactions wins. This will be fun. We'll pick the on August 12 at 7:00 PM Central. 

Contest terms: Winner must be in the United States. One entry per person. You can only win one time per month. Good Luck!!!

• Like 1

My most embarrassing moment in reefing was trying to frag my frogspawn for the first time ever with a dremel.

Only wore eye protection and had my mouth open... the end result? Had a mouth full of frogspawn fragging splatter juice right down my face into my mouth.

Instant gag reflex from the taste that I will never forget...

IMG_3787.jpg

• Wow 2
Pod Your Reef
1 hour ago, Nart said:

My most embarrassing moment in reefing was trying to frag my frogspawn for the first time ever with a dremel.

Only wore eye protection and had my mouth open... the end result? Had a mouth full of frogspawn fragging splatter juice right down my face into my mouth.

Instant gag reflex from the taste that I will never forget...

IMG_3787.jpg

What did it taste like? 

Well, here's mine, not for the faint of heart... In almost 20 years of working construction and using power tools I've never injured myself with any type of tool (knock on wood...), but a few weeks ago when I was cutting two pieces of trim wood to finish my current tank build I also trimmed the tip of my finger. It's all healed now, but wow, I couldn't believe it, when people asked what happened they would laugh and tell me to stop building tanks... 

Spoiler

20180614_191034.jpg

• Wow 1
Pod Your Reef
On 8/7/2018 at 12:52 AM, tgore said:

The very first thing I started to glue to plumb my tank. It was at that moment I realized.

A3BE1F29-F29E-44F1-BC2B-950EED5542C9.thumb.jpeg.34459168da1eadb355125e0aacd892c8.jpeg

Plumbing is always challenging 

Pod Your Reef
On 8/7/2018 at 1:11 PM, SavaS said:

Well, here's mine, not for the faint of heart... In almost 20 years of working construction and using power tools I've never injured myself with any type of tool (knock on wood...), but a few weeks ago when I was cutting two pieces of trim wood to finish my current tank build I also trimmed the tip of my finger. It's all healed now, but wow, I couldn't believe it, when people asked what happened they would laugh and tell me to stop building tanks... 

Hide contents

20180614_191034.jpg

Good gosh man! You really lucked out didn’t you. 

On 8/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, Nart said:

@dvs1986 bahaha...

@Pod Your Reef it tasted like a mixture of sour fish ass  :eek: with a zest of saltiness. I think I just lost my appetite.. :mellow:

That’s quite the taste isn’t it? 

Yes, definitely lucked out there. Kind of freaked me out but then I realized I had one more cut to do. I did that and then went in and bandaged my finger up. Bad thing was I still had to go to work. I pay a lot more attention now for sure. 

I forgot to reattach the drain hose after I cleaned it during a water change, turned the pump back on, and then made about 8 more gallons of saltwater to replace the water that was flooding my basement.