Cultivated Reef

Sucker punched

Issani

So I’ve been working at this aquatic shop for about 2 years, we specialize in freshwater, however I own many tanks and recently decided to start a saltwater tank at home. My manager and I are very good friends, he often comes over and helps me out with water changes and testing levels. However when I came into work today as I was changing in the break room I came across a bag. Inside the bag I discovered was a mantis shrimp, a freaking mantis shrimp. I closed the bag and went to investigate what the heck was going on. In the quarantine room I discovered my manger filling a stock pond with RODI water. I was alarmed because for one we only specialize in saltwater two, I had a bad feeling that shrimp was going to be used to cycle the aquarium. Low and behold 5 hours later we’re closing up for the night and my manger brings out the poor shrimp. He explains to me that the shrimp would most likely survive. I still had a bad feeling as I watched him dangle the bag over the pond. Next thing I know the damn shrimp has punched the damn bag and fallen to the floor. I felt sick as my manger picked the poor thing up and dunked it into the water. The water wasn’t cycled and i have no idea what the temperature was. I’ll keep you guys updated. 

• Sad 1