Gradleg

Est. May 22, 2018

Waterbox 10 gallon AIO

•AI prime

•Cobalt accu-therm 75w heater

•Hydor Koralia 240 powerhead

10 pounds dry rock

10 pounds figi pink live sand

I am going to transfer my favorite pieces over once the tank cycles. Im going to keep my other 10g up as a frag/qt tank.  I want to keep this tank simple with weekly 10-20% water changes and a refugium. I do not plan on dosing unless the weekly waterchanges cannot supply the corals with the elements they need. I carefully crafted my aquascape to allow for all ranges of coral placement. My favorite corals are montis, acans, chalices and zoas. But all love all kinds and im sure this tank will be packed out with corals in a few months. Thanks for following along with my new reefing journey!45674C2B-E9CF-4050-B486-CC794805487E.thumb.jpeg.aea80d59e350aa1d52e5e4a579ff5021.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

2+ month update! 

Planning on going with lots of lps and softies in this tank. Added a aquasmart micro ato. Made a little media basket and probably will try to make something for a refugium before too long.

05AAF60E-F241-43A7-953E-825E30F54694.jpeg

7E578449-5912-4DA0-94AD-A6E79BC8CD5B.jpeg

• Wow 1
Christopher Marks

Wow @Gradleg, it's really come a long ways this summer! That's quite a nice LPS collection you have going, this is going to be great to watch fill in! You're utilizing the aquascape well. Does the clownfish show any interest in hosting any of the torch coral?

8 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow @Gradleg, it's really come a long ways this summer! That's quite a nice LPS collection you have going, this is going to be great to watch fill in! You're utilizing the aquascape well. Does the clownfish show any interest in hosting any of the torch coral?

Thanks for the kind words! In my previous tank the clownfish hosted a rainbow bubble tip anemone. Now the wyoming white is the only one show intrest in hosting.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Tank has been through some ups and downs over the past few months. But ultimately i have seen some great growth and coloration out of my corals. Looking into adding an automatic doser in the near future. 

EA8C2A7A-17B4-4375-AB1B-B6A8BC7DEA28.jpeg

• Like 1

Im also thinking about changing to a controllable powerhead. I like the aquamai and the jaebo but still having good flow with my constant hydor 240. Would pulsing flow help noticably with coral growth?