Cultivated Reef

Fluval Flex 15 Project

LogistcalReefer

On 5/27/2021 at 4:37 AM, Emilycoop19 said:

I’m thinking of trying to mount the nano Fluval 15 inch marine led under the hood. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this to the hood? 

Hi I’m doing a similar project and because I have an Aegean cat that really hates fish I needed the lid. I mounted the light in place and used a lot of silicon to hold it there, I also used the mounting bases from the stock led so there is some space between the lid and the led bar. I’m about to start just waiting for the heat wave to pass because I have no ac in house and it’s really toasty inside. 

The aquarium sits like that for almost 4 months and my cat jumps on top of it from the fridge many times per day so I say it passed the first durability test. I might drill some holes on it for ventilation in case the thermals aren’t good. 

IMG_8421.jpeg

IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8426.jpeg

IMG_8427.jpeg

• 8 months later...
herbgreenfinger
On 7/27/2023 at 12:12 AM, Konst said:

Hi I’m doing a similar project and because I have an Aegean cat that really hates fish I needed the lid. I mounted the light in place and used a lot of silicon to hold it there, I also used the mounting bases from the stock led so there is some space between the lid and the led bar. I’m about to start just waiting for the heat wave to pass because I have no ac in house and it’s really toasty inside. 

The aquarium sits like that for almost 4 months and my cat jumps on top of it from the fridge many times per day so I say it passed the first durability test. I might drill some holes on it for ventilation in case the thermals aren’t good. 

IMG_8421.jpeg

IMG_8422.jpeg

IMG_8423.jpeg

IMG_8424.jpeg

IMG_8426.jpeg

IMG_8427.jpeg

I'd love to know how you got on with this. Which light did you use, and did it end up working out? Currently going through the same dilemma with wanting to keep the lid.