Cultivated Reef

Kharsin

Well, we (my children and I) finally threw everything into this jar this past Sunday. We'll see how everything goes. We're following the plans laid out in the Jan/Feb 2018 Coral Magazine on Pico Reef Jars as our first foray into salt water. We'll be throwing in a small live rock to seed this jar tomorrow and allow it to mature for a couple of weeks... Well, three actually, as we'll be out of town for a bit. At any rate, this should be a fun experiment with some hardier corals and probably a tiny hermit crab. For now, it's sitting in darkness for the first 48 hours.

Jar Start.jpg

• Like 3
ihglifelol

try mushrooms for corals as they require low light and little to no flow.

try a orange and black hermit crab as they are stunning and are small. about an inch big.

and for a clean up crew,a dwarf cerith snail (probly the smallest c.u.c on the hobby)

Thanks for the tips! I'll be a bit limited in my supply as our town only has big box stores, but I've been looking at various sites online to see what's available through the mail as well. 

ihglifelol

saltybottomreefcompany is a good website. they sell all the animals i listed and sell shells for the hermit crab to change into