inTank Media Baskets

Suggestions on next coral

SaltyBuddha

SaltyBuddha

Looking for some suggestions on what kind of coral(s) to put at the top of my rock structure. Medium flow, high light and it is about 2.5 inches from the top of the water.  

I only have two ideas: (1) more zoas or (2) some kind of encrusting monti.

Or leave it bare?

image.png.e70fc86b6ab6168de0bc11f0354cc687.pngimage.png.fb5a765259cd6c89cb21b719152e2ad1.png

AlmightyJoshaeus

I like montipora :) Have you thought of putting a macroalgae up there though? Or even a sponge? Gulf coast ecosystems has a nice purple sponge that is very hardy and will survive air exposure.

• Like 1

I know it sounds boring but leave it bare as you need to have some room to grow, this space will fill out in no time .Too many tanks are packed in and choked and this creates issues later.Give the fish some space and maybe buy something else that your tank needs.Your tank looks great as it is.

Cheers

• Like 1
SaltyBuddha

I'm leaning towards the monti for now too

@GSReef I feel you on this and had the same thoughts too. Still not decided yet. As for a packed tank, as you can see mine is already full to the brim lol this is what I get for only getting a 10 gallon and wanting all the corals

17 hours ago, GSReef said:

I know it sounds boring but leave it bare as you need to have some room to grow, this space will fill out in no time .Too many tanks are packed in and choked and this creates issues later.Give the fish some space and maybe buy something else that your tank needs.Your tank looks great as it is.

Cheers

th?id=OIP.49XqarnjWhC5S8uAF802GAAAAA&pid

;)

A monti would work, but it might crowd your zoas sooner or later (or vice versa).

• Like 1