Top Shelf Aquatics

Ai Prime mounting height?

roblox84

On 4/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, Clown79 said:

David saxby's schedule is no longer available on their site.

I found it elsewhere but question the up and down of the colours so frequently?

Yeah Im not too sure yet about that either. After acclimation to the leds is done I may switch to the Leon Tan or Eddy Putra preset. Both have a decent color to it and their is no up and down in led color throughout the day

The up and down spikes are supposed to give your corals some reprieve from constant high powered lighting.  It does in a way sort of simulate clouds passing and what not as well.  The Saxby preset is still available on their site as well, its just under some other guys name who uses it.  

I threw the Saxby one on my prime, but my tank is new and just finishing its cycle so I can't speak to its effectiveness, but it is highly touted around the 'net as a good preset.

• 2 years later...
On 10/10/2020 at 10:07 PM, Nhjmc said:

12” off top of wAter. BRSTV on YouTube has a video on proper mounting heights. (Sorry if posted same thing twice phone is messed up). 

Do you have a link to the video? In the video testing multiple AI primes they mount at 8".

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/content/post/testing-multiple-ai-prime-led-lights-to-illuminate-a-sps-reef-tank-brstv-investigates