ReefCleaners.org

Ai Prime mounting height?

roblox84

I just got my Ai Prime in and it’s over my JBJ 28 Gallon nano cube. What height should I mount this light at?

Right now I’m using the 12” flex arm and because I have it mounted at the very back of the tank and a bit off from the middle due to the media basket the light is a about 6-7” from the water. I had to bend it down considerably so that it’s shining in the middle of the tank.

I don’t see any shaded spots but I’m still unsure if this is too low and if I should get the 18” flex mount and mount the light higher?

Okinawa_Reefer

I have mine set at 7" from the surface of the water. The PAR is decent, but I plan on stocking SPS heavily so I may be looking at stronger lighting.

Ok. Yeah I just have lps and some zoas, I’m already burning the crap out of them with my CF lighting so I looked to leds for the dimmer light.

Mine is at 8” right now running Saxby low power on 70% acclimation mode on.

Im still wondering if this is too much power when I turn off acclimationm mode. At the peak the blues get up to 101% and this is on a JBJ 28.

Ive got two mounted 8" above the water on a 20g IM Nuvo. Was running UV and Violet maxed out blues around 80% and white at 19% only torched one sps that was at the very top of my scape that put that particular guy about 2 inches from the surface. Ive since dialed the UV and Violet down and everything else seems to be doing great. I was getting amazing growth on everything else though with original settings.  

5 hours ago, Jake270 said:

Ive got two mounted 8" above the water on a 20g IM Nuvo. Was running UV and Violet maxed out blues around 80% and white at 19% only torched one sps that was at the very top of my scape that put that particular guy about 2 inches from the surface. Ive since dialed the UV and Violet down and everything else seems to be doing great. I was getting amazing growth on everything else though with original settings.  

Oh wow. Yeah the program I’m using has whites peak at 30%, blues at 100% and UV at 41%. The blues only max out for a few minutes before they go back down to 80%. 

I have only lps so I’m going to acclimate for two weeks before I try the program at full power but hopefully the lps doesn’t bleach. I really like the color spectrum of the david saxby program so Im unsure if I just lowered the percentages of each light if it would still have the same color to it?

Well I finally figured out how to lower intensity of the entire preset without having to adjust each color separately. I wish I would have found out about that earlier. 

So now I have my blues peak at around 70% and white at 30%. Im now running acclimation mode at 55% instead of 75%.

Yeah I have no real clue about adjusting other then all individually either. But as long as stuffs growing I try to leave it alone. Although couldn’t leave it alone with one. No shadows though and I know I’ll have enough light for the clam that eventually will go in there 

96F47DA1-D3A1-4168-9F9C-83869B94E8B2.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Jake270 said:

Yeah I have no real clue about adjusting other then all individually either. But as long as stuffs growing I try to leave it alone. Although couldn’t leave it alone with one. No shadows though and I know I’ll have enough light for the clam that eventually will go in there 

96F47DA1-D3A1-4168-9F9C-83869B94E8B2.jpeg

You just use two fingers and slide them up or down on the graph and this will evenly adjust all colors and either increase or decrease the entire preset percentage. I love that feature, makes the light even better now, lol.

17 minutes ago, roblox84 said:

You just use two fingers and slide them up or down on the graph and this will evenly adjust all colors and either increase or decrease the entire preset percentage. I love that feature, makes the light even better now, lol.

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, roblox84 said:

Mine is at 8” right now running Saxby low power on 70% acclimation mode on.

Im still wondering if this is too much power when I turn off acclimationm mode. At the peak the blues get up to 101% and this is on a JBJ 28.

I had mine on the same tank at full power. My corals were very happy 

1 hour ago, roblox84 said:

Well I finally figured out how to lower intensity of the entire preset without having to adjust each color separately. I wish I would have found out about that earlier. 

So now I have my blues peak at around 70% and white at 30%. Im now running acclimation mode at 55% instead of 75%.

Please tell me how. I’ve been doing it manually forever. 

Aorry just saw your most recent post. So I’d have to adjust using the app?

On 3/31/2018 at 12:23 AM, roblox84 said:

It’s a preset I use for my AI Prime. Supposedly it should be pretty good judging by the reviews on forums.

http://www.aquaillumination.com/file/signature/ai-signature-davidSaxby-h26.aip

Do you like the colors with that preset?  Like do the corals really pop?  I always seemed to be walking a fine line between light that grows them well, vs light that makes them look sexy but grow slower. lol  I get my AI prime in a few days and I would definitely love to just have a preset I can set and forget and not have to endlessly tweak.

You shouldn't have to tweak lighting endlessly once you set it to what you like.

Constant lighting change is not good for corals 

If you want pop, higher blues and purples.

Personally I found my corals look better and respond better with less white.

Well yeah, I meant endless tweaking while I find that spot being its a light I've never used with 02349852928925 possible combinations of colors :D  Not that I plan on siting there changing it every day on em. :D:D

I like the preset because it has more blue light for coral pop. So far the corals are responding nicely and have only shown a little bit of growth since I’ve only had this fixture for about 3 weeks approximately. Top one is with the preset, bottom is something else. It looks a lot bluer than in person because my Iphone doesn’t seem to take led pics well.

041C2BED-CE88-4CD8-97C7-627C67E762ED.jpeg

DDD0EBB9-6E82-444D-997B-C4DF8E21EAA0.jpeg

On 4/7/2018 at 3:45 PM, mndfreeze said:

Do you like the colors with that preset?  Like do the corals really pop?  I always seemed to be walking a fine line between light that grows them well, vs light that makes them look sexy but grow slower. lol  I get my AI prime in a few days and I would definitely love to just have a preset I can set and forget and not have to endlessly tweak.

I use this preset with whites at 50% for more blue pop.