Cultivated Reef

panda_jerk

Hey all auick question, does anybody have any experience on haveing a blood red cleaner shrimp and a skunk cleaner shrimp in the same tank. I don't feel like it would be an issue just wanted to put it out there and get some Input.  

Here's a pic just for.... Sorry for the color haven't figured the phone camera this g out for tank shots. 

RSR 170 been up and running for about 4 weeks now. I've been in the hobby for 13 years however this is my first sump and what I would call "varsity" setup. 

Any way thanks for any advice 

IMG_20180313_194136.jpg

IMG_20180313_195806.jpg

Nevermind I found a good discussion on this with mixed opinions. I love the looks of both shrimp and as far as their personalities they seem to be on opposite ends of the spectrum with fire shrimp tending to hide and be unseen and the skunk being more out in the open and active.  I might give it a shot. 

I had both in a 40 gallon. They did not like each other but didn't kill each other, they each stayed on their own island. Supposedly they tend to fight though. The cleaner was a lot more interesting. The cleaner definitely wanted to kill the peppermint shrimp. I suppose the fire shrimp was a bit bigger than the cleaner so perhaps he didn't take his chances whereas smaller peppermint shrimp  were easily terrorized.

Hmm that occurred to me yesterday. I was on the fence about adding some more and even if I did I don't think it would be enough for them to estBlish territories   oh well I'm sure I'll have another tank running eventually that I can have a skunk also 

If you're looking to add your scape try to add a little overhang or arch. My fire shrimp I had always hung out under one and now the skunk cleaner that I currently have has taken up the fire shrimp's old post which he shares with a porcelain crab.

ACF5E39D-A9D1-4481-9F3D-D9BDFC923570.jpeg