inTank Media Baskets

Red Goniopora with blue centers?

LogicalReefs

LogicalReefs

I know this a Goniopora. But it has blue mouths and also the tips of the tentacles are blue too. Any idea if it’s something “special”? Named anything other than red Goniopora lol. 

Curently dealing with a diatom/algae problem.

24DED004-D4A7-43D5-8258-DE90D8DC97F7.jpeg

Christopher Marks

Wow how cool, I don't think I've ever seen one with this coloration! Couldn't help you on a name though, I don't think there has been a goniopora craze yet to create any wacky names for them :lol: 

If no one else chimes in, I say you should give it a name!

LogicalReefs
7 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow how cool, I don't think I've ever seen one with this coloration! Couldn't help you on a name though, I don't think there has been a goniopora craze yet to create any wacky names for them :lol: 

If no one else chimes in, I say you should give it a name!

If nothing else hopefully people like the coral lol. Just thought it was interesting. 

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Blue mouth with blue tips are common, and probably is from ORA lineage as the pinks showed. my old one is plain red. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBPF2adJK5d/

the only few names worth being named are amazeballz, atomicballz, wonderland, and supremeballz (rather super rare)

there are plenty of red with yellow tip variants with differing names but they’re all roughly the same in appearance.  

• Like 1