SaltCritters.com

Pjanssen

Now that my busy work season has settled down a little it's time to give some serious consideration as to what to do with my contest win! I've talked the friend that helped me build the stand for the IM14 and he's going to help me build a stand for this one as well, probably similar in look as they are basically in the same room.

I'm seriously considering going all out on this one, as I had a decent year business wise. So far the plan is to move all but the BTA's and clowns from the 29 and turning that into a anemone tank of some kind-still researching that.

I'm looking at  Hamilton Cebu Sun Lighting System Metal Halide and T5 HO Actinics combo, but not sure whether to go with 10,000K, 14,000K, or 20,000K-need some advise here. Also considering straight LED's-maybe a Nano Box.

Would like a sump, but never had one so...Should I remove the back panel that makes this tank an AIO and have the bottom drilled, or is there a way to add a sump with less destruction/reconstruction?

Anyway, just trying to move forward

• Like 1

Well, you don't really need to remove the AIO panel unless you just want the real estate back for your display tank. You'll need to have someone help you drill it out and get the right sized hole saw and bulkhead fittings if you've never done it yourself before. There are a ton of DYI videos on how to do it, just depends on your comfort level and minor plumbing skills. Don't forget to measure the minimum and maximum water levels you'd want for your sump and install a siphon break on the return so the tank won't back flow back into the sump during a power failure.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, OPtasia said:

Don't forget to measure the minimum and maximum water levels you'd want for your sump and install a siphon break on the return so the tank won't back flow back into the sump during a power failure.

How do I know what the levels should be? Might employ the help of someone from my LFS, but they will be pricey i'm sure.