Coral Vue Hydros

My first Reef, New Cobalt C-Vue 18

CPRATT

• 4 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 11:30 PM, Obi Juan kenobi said:

Just started mine tonight. 

20181230_192327.jpg

Can you share any pictures of your water level in the back? I’m trying to figure out where mine should be. Thank you! 

On 1/25/2018 at 4:22 PM, CPRATT said:

Oh and I purchased the lid kit from cobalt, they do not come with them but they are pretty inexpensive, and look great. You can barely tell its there even in the pic, and its glass compare to screens i think it contains the temp much better. and evaporation is next to nothing.

Hi! I was wondering if you could share any pictures of your water level in the back? I’m trying to get a good feel of where mine should be (I’m brand  new to this). Thank you so much! 

@Kjohnson

I can get you a pic of mine tomorrow. I have the 26. Personally I keep it higher than what I have it at now because I don't have anything in the second chambers other than a pump for my Chaeto reactor. 

Hey @Kjohnson, I've also got a C-Vue 18 and like to keep my rear chamber water level a bit on the high side. I feel like the water loses less heat if it is not forced to cascade over the side of the glass when re-entering the return chamber, and I also just like to have a bit more total water volume for that little bit of added stability. I like to keep the level in the back just a bit lower than the bottom of the plastic elbow that connects the return pump hose to the nozzle inside of the display.

IMG_0118.thumb.JPG.58ff812232e91c6bcab36310e250a2f8.JPG

• Thanks 1

I have the c-vue 18 also and keep the water level in the back chamber high, at the elbow pump; I also raised the level in the DT 0.75" using laser cut acrylic tabs and changed the stock pump with sicce 1.0, diverting some of the flow into 2nd back chamber for a litlle refugium (hope it works). 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank you all so much! This is super helpful and I’ve decided to keep my water level right at the elbow. It’s also nice and quiet that way! My tank has finished cycling so I’m looking forward to getting started on adding things in!