ReefCleaners.org

where to buy Red Mangroves?

tk3445

Oh my gosh! Go to Amazon dude. 5 plants, actual plants not seeds, $20. <- and honestly even that price I find a little outrageous, but these online aquarium store prices are straight up ridiculous.

edit to add - and Prime shipping is free!

edit again - these are actually on my Christmas list so I went to my wish list and the caption says "5 live mangroves 20.99" but the description actually says 10 live mangrove plants, so ~shrug~ it's either 5 or 10 for 20 bucks with free shipping.

• Like 1

Wanted to update - got my Mangroves for Christmas. Purchased from Amazon for $20.99 free shipping. The title says "5 live mangrove plants" but the descrip says 10 plants. Either way both are cheaper than aquarium retailers.

7 plants came; actual plants, with leaves (2 stalks, 5 with leaves), not just bare stalks. They were shipped with a heat pack and delivered on Dec 18th to the gifter's house. I opened them yesterday (25th) obviously. After being in a cardboard box with no light or water for over 7 days they looked great! I put them in FW overnight cuz I was away from home, and put them in my tank today (26th). they have great roots, I can't believe they still have leaves after the gifter didn't even consider taking the poor things out of the shipping box and giving them water!! But yeah, they look great and the stalks were a tiny bit soft - I assume because of the lack of light and water - but even over night in water they are seeming to slightly firm back up and I expect a 'full recovery'.

20171226_183015.jpg

20171226_183104.jpg

• Like 1

Mangroves and more nursery offers 18-26” plants on amazon, but the minimum amount of the package is 12 pcs. 

I just found another vendor, Rockhind on amazon, who has 8 pcs package with similar size plants. I purchased one. More info later.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:33 PM, Mazzy21 said:

Oh my gosh! Go to Amazon dude. 5 plants, actual plants not seeds, $20. <- and honestly even that price I find a little outrageous, but these online aquarium store prices are straight up ridiculous.

edit to add - and Prime shipping is free!

edit again - these are actually on my Christmas list so I went to my wish list and the caption says "5 live mangroves 20.99" but the description actually says 10 live mangrove plants, so ~shrug~ it's either 5 or 10 for 20 bucks with free shipping.

The prices are outrageous.  A lfs sells one for $10...10 mangroves for $100.

Thanks for all the info I haven't been able to order yet. I live in CNY and temps haven't broken single digits in about 10 days and we are in for more of the same until next week. SO I would love to hear anymore feed back people have while I'm waiting for anything reasonable to ship livestock in.

Thanks all.

3 days ago I purchased 8 red mangroves seedlings 4-6 leaves 18-26” from Amazon. It was $29.99 everything included. Today I got the package. They sent totally 13 pcs. Here is the photos. I deselect the smaller and bigger and kept the healthier looking. 

6E3FB9EE-0415-48B7-A04D-65C88ACC7FAA.jpeg

6A25712A-6865-4927-81E6-7CD2802FCDC4.jpeg

07272B03-103E-44AF-9B27-531174FFE9DB.jpeg

• Like 1

@HoffyZ - those are gorgeous!!! I am happy with what I got but these are WAY better!

Mine were from seller: "Red Mangrove - Rhizophora mangle". Mine were $20.99 shipping included.

Could you give the seller info of yours? I may buy more and yours is (IMO) def the better deal and more established plants!!

• 1 month later...

I bought 8 for $30 off a guy in Toronto. He had an add on GTA Aquaria. Normally some stores like Big Al's are asking $15-$20 each.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:18 AM, Mazzy21 said:

@HoffyZ - those are gorgeous!!! I am happy with what I got but these are WAY better!

Mine were from seller: "Red Mangrove - Rhizophora mangle". Mine were $20.99 shipping included.

Could you give the seller info of yours? I may buy more and yours is (IMO) def the better deal and more established plants!!

It was sold by Rockhind. You can search regarding the title: 8 red mangrove seedlings 4-6 leaves 18-26” on Amazon. It says 2 left in stock and $32.99 with free shipping.