ReefCleaners.org

Random Flow Generator (RFG)

NanoRox

On 3/7/2018 at 6:56 AM, Cannedfish said:

Did you upgrade the pump in your IM10? I currently have the Eheim 600, and would like to upgrade to more flow, I was just wondering what you did? 

I’m interested in this too for the same tank (IM 10)

I purchased the RFG for my 40b and used it for a while. While it did a decent job, my big concern was with the amount of water they allowed to drain into my sump. Because of their design and size, I can not have them real close to the surface or they suck in a lot of air. It was dangerously close to allowing too much water into the sump and causing it to overflow. Ultimately I put my flare nozzles back on and am much happier with the space remaining in the sump. This really isn't a problem, for all of you with AIO tanks, but thought I would throw that info out there.

5 hours ago, lpsouth1978 said:

I purchased the RFG for my 40b and used it for a while. While it did a decent job, my big concern was with the amount of water they allowed to drain into my sump. Because of their design and size, I can not have them real close to the surface or they suck in a lot of air. It was dangerously close to allowing too much water into the sump and causing it to overflow. Ultimately I put my flare nozzles back on and am much happier with the space remaining in the sump. This really isn't a problem, for all of you with AIO tanks, but thought I would throw that info out there.

I ended up taking mine out as well.  Because of its size it left a nagging shadow over my corals I didn’t care for.  Minor I guess but didn’t like the esthetic 

10 hours ago, Pbh said:

I’m interested in this too for the same tank (IM 10)

I ended upgrading my pump from the Eheim 600 to the IM Mighty Jet, and ended up leaving the SpinStream. I didn’t make the switch to the RFG after talking to people who had it, who said that the short distance between the nozzle and the front glass of the IM Nuvo 10 may inhibit the RFG’s effectiveness. I do, however, really like the Mighty Jet, despite its dumb name. 

• Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...
A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, rcar1046 said:

Could any of the people that tried the RFG on an IM 10 point me to how they connected it to the output? Is there some 1/2" locline converter I need?

They sell adapters on their website. 

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, West1 said:

Those with a nuvo 20, which size fitting did you go with?

16mm or 19mm?

Or does it not matter, all depends on pump size?

It's probably too late to help you, but in case others are interested...   My Nuvo 20 would use the 19mm (not sure if older tanks might have a different setup).  There's a picture of the two IM return nozzle sizes on Vivid Creative Aquatics page.    https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/product-category/aquairum-specific/innovative-marine/

• 4 months later...

Hello, I would love some feedback. How do you like the RFA on your Nuvo 10? I’m thinking of upgrading. I have the Mightyjet and this thing is too much for. Maybe this will help with too much flow? The mighty jet doesn’t allow my torch in the front right to fully open and dance.

5C4C3BB4-EF1F-417F-BBE8-C42548A1258C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Where could I get one? I am running a biocube 16 with the original pump. Don’t really want to add a power head, this seems like it’d help a lot.DEBBB165-181A-48C9-97E3-738B87B46761.thumb.jpeg.4e333bf8fd887661c8f12c9c9df68907.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.b47b2e1d291779659c75ec3a22776e73.jpg

12 hours ago, JTT1981 said:

Where could I get one? I am running a biocube 16 with the original pump. Don’t really want to add a power head, this seems like it’d help a lot.DEBBB165-181A-48C9-97E3-738B87B46761.thumb.jpeg.4e333bf8fd887661c8f12c9c9df68907.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.b47b2e1d291779659c75ec3a22776e73.jpg

Go to vividcreativeaquatics

• Thanks 1