Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanobox BlinkUp Failing

Nola Bear

Need some help. I’ve contacted Dave, but am waiting on a response. Two nights ago I replaced my modem/router. Ever since I have not been able to get the light to turn back on/link up with WiFi. 

New modem is still 2.4ghz. 

Ive cleared my wireless settings on Bluefish

Ive removed and re-uploaded the bluefish app

ive tried it both on my phone and on my tablet

I’ve tried the BlinkUp from various distances from the screen

cant think of what else to do

any and all advice welcome. 

1 hour ago, ReefWeeds said:

Have you tried covering your phone and the card with a towel to block out all ambient light? It’s the only way to get it to work I find. Also, try contacting @SpencerShepard Too

16 minutes ago, Boggers said:

I know I had to turn my brightness all the way up. Usually it is all the way dark.

Thanks for the ideas! But alas, I was unsuccessful. :(

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Nola Bear said:

Thanks for the ideas! But alas, I was unsuccessful. :(

It has to be something with the new router with the light working with the old. 

Some routers revert to the 5ghz signal over and over and you have to manually go in to select the correct one. AS well the 2.4ghz may have a different password. 

-D

Thank you to everyone for your help/advice!

In case anyone else has a similar issue:

I have a temporary fix for now. I figured it out this morning. I believe it has something to do with the network security. The light I have, I think, is only willing to work on a WEP, but the new modems have WPSAK. I’m trying to find the function in the new modem that allows me to use WEP but have not found it yet. What I am able to do is use my access point which is on the other side of the house to  generate just enough signal and it has the WEP encryption\network etc. 

The light is on as of 15 minutes ago.