Pod Your Reef

IM Fusion 20 Stand smaller then the tank

kagt

So I bought a stand and its 1 inch smaller than the tank what should I do.  If I go end to end its 24 inch but the top part is routed out it is only 22 5/8 inch. Is each side sticking out half an inch a problem? If I get a 3/4 plywould to put on top how do I secure it? I really don't want to as it would look ugly.  Thoughts?

IMG_20171110_190239.jpg

I actually just bought a stand for a future tank that's basically the same amount smaller. 

I weigh about 20-40 pds more then I'll put on it. 

I stood on it, jumped a bit, shaked back and forth, walked to the edge and tried to break it, nothing moved. Thought I'd give it a try. Let's see what the pros have to say. 

I think some people have put a slab of something like marble or granite on top.  I think @kimberbee did something like this?  You definitely want the bottom edges supported as that's where the weight is.

• Like 1

the top is too small, it must be the same or larger than the aquariums dimensions. like Lula mentioned, some people have put another plank of some sort to accomplish this.  :) 

I've gotten 2 nice tops by going to a granite shop and enquiring about their scraps.  I just had one made for my Lagoon build.  Cut, bullnosed, and polished for $60.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:09 PM, Kellie in CA said:

I've gotten 2 nice tops by going to a granite shop and enquiring about their scraps.  I just had one made for my Lagoon build.  Cut, bullnosed, and polished for $60.

Just want you to know that I'm still waiting on you to put a build thread together. :) It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it. 

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

Just want you to know that I'm still waiting on you to put a build thread together. :) It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into it. 

Thank you.  One of these days...  I've got everything in boxes ready to go! 

I love my daughter, but geez.... getting anything done is 10x as difficult with a toddler around!   :P

• Like 1