Coral Vue Hydros

Icecap ATO ?!?!??

Jaremiah25

wondering if anyone has any experience with this ATO ?

i ordered one on November 3rd and it got here today . I was so excited as I've been topping off by lifting my 5 gallon jug every two days and it gets pretty annoying quick. 

but when opening the box i felt RIPPED OFF. tubing had kinks every 1/2 foot , plastic seemed so cheap ! after setting everything up all i got was a red light and a really annoying beep.

i tried moving up and down the sensor and it shuts up once the sensor touches the water . move it up and it continues to beep . doesn't pump water what so ever, it just beeps .. 

i mean for the price i paid i was expecting something of better quality. anyone else had any issues? i don't see anything online on them 

Well I got some of my coralaffix glue and glued it together . Tested the unit and it pumped water up to the tank so it looks like it was that .. i wonder how long that fix will last . I’ve already emailed coralvue see if they’ll send a new pump

1 hour ago, Jaremiah25 said:

Well I got some of my coralaffix glue and glued it together . Tested the unit and it pumped water up to the tank so it looks like it was that .. i wonder how long that fix will last . I’ve already emailed coralvue see if they’ll send a new pump

in my experience chorale is awesome as long as its under warranty if its not you will have to pay for the part and shipping. arghh

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just went through the same thing with all the beeping and flashing red light for the last hour after setting up my Ice Cap ATO ! The manual is useless and so is their website! obviously other people are having the same issues but instead of answering them right there so we can all see the answer they take the time to tell them to submit a private ticket and they will get back to them!  Anyway the problem turned out to be that my light was shining on the sensors! After I blocked the light and re-plugged the unit both lights stayed on with no beeping! I moved the sensors up and the blue light starts to flash and the pump turns on! For such a small pump it pumps very well! I have it pumping about 45 inches to the tank and it has no problems with the lift! It seems to turn on more often than I expected but after an hour of use it seems to be working ok!

Glad your issue was different and easier than mine . I contacted coralvue and they sent me a controller ,white sensor , new pump, and new tubing . Excellent customer service ! I'm pretty much running it without their float valve though as it leaks ALOT . Don't know if that's normal

• 5 years later...
Florida Reefer 813

I can't seem to get mine to stop pumping water until it hits the safty(white,PS) sensor and starts beeping. Turned off the lights and still filling. I have the black sensor submerged to the bottom of the lug and still pumping. I am at a loss at this point.